I need a good scoring tactic

Ok, so this is the problem. I'm playing with York City and have a squad that could be able to win the EPL. The only problem is I'm not scoring. I've mostly been using the tactic Barney57 had put up. It took me 2 seasons into CL but the I fell out of it again. Playing Euro Cup I've reached the finales twice but haven't been able to win it yet. My question is, does anybody know a tactic that makes your strikers score allot or does anybody have some tips for me to make a tactic that suites my players well ??

I would really appreciate some help on this icon_smile.gif

Ok, so this is the problem. I'm playing with York City and have a squad that could be able to win the EPL. The only problem is I'm not scoring. I've mostly been using the tactic Barney57 had put up. It took me 2 seasons into CL but the I fell out of it again. Playing Euro Cup I've reached the finales twice but haven't been able to win it yet. My question is, does anybody know a tactic that makes your strikers score allot or does anybody have some tips for me to make a tactic that suites my players well ??

I would really appreciate some help on this icon_smile.gif

Iv used this tactic which i created for about 7 or 8 seasons now...has got me goal scoring rate of 2.72 p/m icon_smile.gif

I think this is mainly due to the players i have in the league im in, but it doesnt hurt to give it a shot.

Note: i tried this with my South Korea team and it took about 4 games to click in then we went on a 2.5 season winning streak, so if it doesnt get results immediately, give it time...

Formation: 4-1-3-2

Team Instructions:-Attacking

-Normal

-Hard

-Yes

-No for pressing/offside trap/men behind ball

Player Instructions:

Passing: All team

Tackling: DL,DR,DMC- Hard; everyone else team (just noticed this doesnt matter, everyone is set to hard in team instructions icon_wink.gif )

Pressing: DL,DR,DMC-Yes; DC,DC-No; everyone else-team

Pass to: everyone team

Set Pieces (A): DL,DR-Back; GK,DMC-Normal

Set Pieces (D): FC,FC-Forward; centre MC,GK-normal

Free Role: centre MC-Yes

Forward Runs: DL,DR,outer MCs,FC,FC-Yes

Run With Ball: 3MCs, bottom FC-Yes

Hold Up Ball: DMC-Yes

Long Shots: DMC, centre MC-Yes

Through Balls: 3MCs-Yes

Cross Ball: Outer MCs-Yes

Marking: DL,DR-Man; DC,DC,DMC,centreMC-Zonal

Good luck! Let me know how it goes

Chuz ur brilliant! lol

I just used this tactic on weymouth in conference and won conference, league two, league one and championship consecutively. This is largely due to sugar daddy tho... icon_wink.gif

Should finish 3rd, maybe 2nd in prem this year, but prob shouldve won it with the likes of gerrard, owen, ibrahimovic, pique, bramble, billy joes, akinfeev, buffon, rosicky, n'zogbia, ballack, etc. Good old sugar daddy...

• 2 weeks later...

Chuz - I've used this tactic for almost a season now (I was using jambo_dave/barney57's 3-5-2 tactic until the January transfer window last season - which wasn't as successful as I liked).

To be honest, this tactic isn't as good as the 3-5-2 tactic above. Yes, I score more goals and the games are more entertaining. However, I concede far too many goals with this tactic, and consequently have found myself losing more game or drawing games with the opposition scoring in the last 10 minutes. Having played 7 games of the new 2012/13 season as Leicester, I am only on 8 points and 12th position. I was never this low using the 3-5-2 formation.

Also, although my home form is fantastic, my away form is pathetic. I hardly ever win away using this tactic - even if I switch to Normal or Defensive mentality.

I'll stick with this tactic for a few months more to see if I improve (I don't expect it though). Otherwise I'll try something else, or even go back to the 3-5-2.

Archived