transfer market : random valutations of my players

hello people,

im currently running my 4th season, im having excellent campaign so far,

started my game in italian "serie c2" with a team who started to avoid relegation, i ve managed to get the promotion straight away (via playoffs), second year(italian c1) i ve avoided relegation (via playout) third year i ve won the promotion(playoffs) finally im now in serie b but i still see unrealistic valutation of my players :

example

a swedish central defender aged now 23, bought him whn he had his contract expired from another team averaging a 7.39 the 1st year (italian c1) and so far a 7.33 in his first 6matches (italian serie b)

NOW : his reputation is LOCAL and his valutation is 22k (euro)

WTF??? i think not even a youth team player would cost 22k in the italian serie b...

this was jst an example, my GK only costs 10k my striker (4goals scored + 4assists in 7matches) 22k

is this a bug?

is this cos of their LOCAL reputation?

if so how can i increase their reputation/value?

i need to get some cash but of course i wont make it by selling these players(they are wanted by other clubs) but i ve got no intentions to sell em for 20-30k!!!

what do u reckon, lads?

cu

my swedish DC is getting 37k per year and he has 2more years of contract.

the strkier i was telling about gets 71k per year and has 2more years of contract

the gk gets 48k per year and 3more years of contract...

dont u still think the valutations are way too cheap???

i play fm since "championship manager 92-93" and this is the 1st year i must set my player´s valutations on my own...should we call it a BUG(and hopefully they ll fix it)?

dont u still think the valutations are way too cheap???

Obviously other things also play a role as well and reputation is probably one of them.

i play fm since "championship manager 92-93" and this is the 1st year i must set my player´s valutations on my own...should we call it a BUG(and hopefully they ll fix it)?

I have as well and I've been setting an asking price for my players for the last 4/5 years.

Player valuations are often low, particularly in lower divisions. Some seemingly make no sense at all, however unless you wish to sell the player, the valuation given means very little. In fact, even if/when you go to sell a player, they still don't mean an awful lot, as you can sell some players for upwards of 4 times their supposed value to clubs with money. A mediocre player of decent repuatation who's on a long running contract with a big wage will naturally have a high value. And if you look to shift such players to reduce the wage bill (a problem you may encounter when arriving at a new club), often you'll find little to no interest in the player, even if your offering him out for free.

your observations are correct guys but still if we think about REAL football do u really believe a starting eleven DC/GK/ST of an italian serie b team only costs 20-30k???

that money probably would be enaff to buy an average finnish second division player(no offence for finnish football)in real life...

ofc i ve seen valutations of top divisions players sound ok and even the other teams of my league seem to have fair valutations of their players, i do assume that my team is a dark horse(4seasons ago they were aiming to avoid the relegation from italian c2, now we are top-half of the table(italian serie b) but if the lads did well they should cost more, isnt it???

these are my thoughts and for these reasons i do believe its a bug

as i said,

he was out of contract when i offered him to join my team,

all he did in his previous team(2seasons) was 5matches averaging a 6.34 rate in italian serie b so i think the contract i ve offered him(when i jst got promoted to italian c1) was fair, then ok we reached the promotion @ our 1st attempt and so now we play the italian serie b but so far he did not ask me a raise, yet

Archived