Super Burnley

They reaced semi finals in 2014 , and quarters in 2016.

Just waiting for that vacant hot seat and i'll take em to glory. The annoying thing is that they play Hall and Holt out of position (when they do play that is)...much like our current national team with the Rooney / Gerard situation

Why haven't you changed anyone else's positional role?

I'd imagine you would have more success with box to box center mids, and ball playing center backs.

I tinkered with the strat first few season, found that the above worked best for me. My def is solid, midfield supplys the 2 men upfront, and having Mohamed as my target man nets great results.

Just English leagues only with this game, this game was just for the purpose of playing with Burnley untill the 30 year cap, I ve also found that with only 1 specific league loaded you get alot more regens from other nations, where a multi league with England as main was showing alot of English regens and very few foreign regens.

Ah right. I've just started a season at Burnley and loaded English, Spanish and Italian leagues - I don't intend on moving unless I get offered an international job, and I'm guessing loading more leagues will open up more international jobs to me.

EDIT: Accidentally deleted FM off my iPod :'( redownloaded and started a new save as Burnley using your 442. Unbeaten after my first 12 games, good start!

You are a managerial genius - and I thought I was good! :p

What did it take for you to unlock Sugar Daddy?

Cant remember when sugar daddy came, was 5th or 6th season, but I can tell you that I havnt been using it, all my players are pruchased as kids for under 1mil, and progress through the reserves / being loaned out. Those who dont cut it are sold on for 4 - 10 mil still netting a healthy profit. Those who want rediculous wages or complain are sold to keep the team morale high, can usually net between 18 - 33 mil for a first team player i need to get rid of.

Wow! I'm rather jealous of ol' Alberto and Dale Hall.

But, I haven't had any luck with regens on FM 2011 so far. :(

Does anyone have any tips for finding the (best) regens? Because it seems alot different from 2010.

Best tip is in the first season dont buy anyone just loan your way through the season, in the mean time you want to shortlist every single 0 - 21 player (this takes a long time but is worth it), after that you will have every 0 - 21 highlighted in green. Around June - September check the 0-21 search again, you will find that the new players (regens) are easy to spot as they wont be on your shortlist thus not highlighted in green. Never use your scouts, they are useless, just look out for potential star players yourself, regens will never cost more than 1mil so even if they turn out to be **** you'll be able to offload them for 4 - 8 mil a few years down the line. Once you have bought 10 - 15 + players drop most of them in reserves, keep them in reserves training till Jan. The ones who are complaining at intense training sell, the ones who arnt loan out for rest of season. After your second season you'll start rotating them into your squad as wonderkids, then sit back as the Dale Halls, Alberto Mohammeds rip apart what ever league you are in. Anything else I can help with give me a shout.

Chris are your cm's attacking or defensive. Also do you use any kind training routines?

I use intensive training, generally I never spend more than 1mil on players, complete youth policy, I generally play with AMC's, however I do have 1 DMC and 1 MC which rotate in and out.

With training anyone who complains the training is too intense I generally get rid of, as they will never amount to anything special.

Do your star regens have brilliant stats when they enter the game? I've had some youth players come up into my squad with awesome stats and currently I don't really play them - were your guys brilliant straight away or did the intensive training give them those stats?

Do your star regens have brilliant stats when they enter the game? I've had some youth players come up into my squad with awesome stats and currently I don't really play them - were your guys brilliant straight away or did the intensive training give them those stats?

I tend to buy them if I believe they have potential for example this guy I just recently purchased from York for 33k

img0195.png

His Stam and Strength are low for a full back but his other stats are impressive, He addapted well to intensive training so I loaned him out for 6 months to get some game experience, when hes back in Jan he'll do 6months solide training in reserves, a year down the line he'll be a brick wall in my defence

This next fella was purchased for 25k from Northampton 3 years ago

img0196m.png

His stats were ok much like the above, he did a year of intensive training then was loaned out for the last 2 seasons for game experience, he is currently on loan till the end of the season at which point he will be a first team player for sure

And this chap was recently promoted from my Youth Academy...and Jesus Christ he is going to be the best player Scotland has ever seen, just look at his stats! at the ripe age of 15!!!!

img0197i.png

• 3 weeks later...
So do your players not struggle to play consecutive games? My players end up tired and the results turn bad if I train intensively

Not really, I do have a pretty large squad for rotations though, and generally have a solid core of 4 - 5 players who play week in week out.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to know how you get so much out of your centre mids, mine are so inconsistent I've got the training going fine now but I still can't seem to get the best from my midfield. Was Dale hall a one off or do all your centre mids perform well? I've had countless players with great stats who just don't perform? Please help

I need to know how you get so much out of your centre mids, mine are so inconsistent I've got the training going fine now but I still can't seem to get the best from my midfield. Was Dale hall a one off or do all your centre mids perform well? I've had countless players with great stats who just don't perform? Please help

My wingers play consistantly well with huge amounts of assists, probably due to the fact I play with a Target Man upfront, so all crosses are aimed in towards him. Central midfield also seem to play well, I dont have any kind of special positioning for them, but do focus on players with high Teamwork as a stat for my central midfield, any chance you can link you midfield player stats and history?

Ah so Dale hall is a winger? Makes more sense now as my wingers assist a good amount but not quite like him! My centre mids seem to play a few good games with goals or assists then play 5's for the next few games. Some just throw a 5 every time I play them. I'll sort some pics out later and get some pics up. But generally my centre mids avarage around 7 for a season with 10 or so assists but now and then they'll have a blinding season with 20+ assists

• 1 month later...

Chris, Ive tried your tactic with a liverpool side I have just taken over (they had no decent players so need a season or two to rebuild) and I'm finding that my CMF is scoring all the goals and not my Target Man? Its set up as your burnley side? Not sure why?

Chris, Ive tried your tactic with a liverpool side I have just taken over (they had no decent players so need a season or two to rebuild) and I'm finding that my CMF is scoring all the goals and not my Target Man? Its set up as your burnley side? Not sure why?

My tactic all depends on the wingmen, feeding the ball into the box, as you can see above Dale Hall was my wingman for 15+ seasons and was netting a crazy amount of assists. What wingers are you using?

Stats I look for in a winger are

Passing, Crossing, Movement & Teamwork

Archived