Need an update on how the game/patches are

I haven't bought FM2011 yet and haven't kept up to date with all the game reviews and patches since a week before it came out.

What are the major problems with this year's edition and have any patches fixed them? Also what are the major differences you find between this and FM2010?

I know this is asked on an hourly basis but response would be appreciated.

Hi mate,

I was the same until i bought the game 5 days ago. I was put off by all the moaning threads etc.

However, this is easily the most enjoyable game of FM i have ever played! I have noticed the 'current' tactics problem in the tactics screen but i aint noticed anything massively screwing up the game. Agent fees are fine, some wage requests are silly when signing new players but other than that - the game is enjoyable and i am sure when the next patch comes out - you wont be able to put it down.

Stop listening to the forums, buy the game & enjoy it. If you listen to others you will still be waiting until next month or so and its playable just now.

My advice would be if you're planning to play a Journeyman game, wait for the next patch.

If you're planning to stay with the same club, the game is great :) buy it right now!

Despite some people saying it's riddled with bugs, I personally have no problem with the game at all except the Journeyman problem.

Hi mate,

I was the same until i bought the game 5 days ago. I was put off by all the moaning threads etc.

However, this is easily the most enjoyable game of FM i have ever played! I have noticed the 'current' tactics problem in the tactics screen but i aint noticed anything massively screwing up the game. Agent fees are fine, some wage requests are silly when signing new players but other than that - the game is enjoyable and i am sure when the next patch comes out - you wont be able to put it down.

well thats very stupid of you to say , did you play on all the patches after paying £30 NO ? Exactly. i think you'll find a lot of the moaning threads were in reference to previous patches. and a lot of them "moaning" threads were very justifyable. the only ones that were not were the ones that had already been posted 4 or 5 times

Stop listening to the forums, buy the game & enjoy it. If you listen to others you will still be waiting until next month or so and its playable just now.

can someone just say is the 11.2 better than 11.1?

this is what i summarise:

11.1 - better realisation, lower accuracy of injuries, game is to easy, AWFUL transfer system

11.2 - ruined ME with bad realisation but great transfer system, harder AI

similiar to both patches is that narrow formations dont work

what do you think, which patch is more enjoyable?

11.2 broke the tactics. It's unplayable, I don't care what others say. Been playing and loving the game since CM 01/02.

In 11.2, you can't save more than one working tactic!

And you can't save and keep your set-piece instructions at all!

If you care about personalizing tactics AT ALL, don't play 11.2. You'd be better off with 11.1, or waiting for .3

I haven't bought FM2011 yet and haven't kept up to date with all the game reviews and patches since a week before it came out.

What are the major problems with this year's edition and have any patches fixed them? Also what are the major differences you find between this and FM2010?

I know this is asked on an hourly basis but response would be appreciated.

very good game, still some flaws. but my opinion is buy it and see for yourself, forget about what others say, good or bad

How has the match engine been ruined since patch 11.2? I don't get this criticsm at all, i really don't.

I think the ME is great, but then again i don't look for minute flaws in everything.

The transfer system is vastly improved, although i will say that i am in season three now and i have not seen ONE major player move clubs. Torress/Reina perfectly content at Europa league level liverpool, when they are WC. Dzeko won't be let go from Wolfsburg etc, Nico Kranjcar(great player on this edition), is happy playing championship footy with Birmingham.

Also, it is easier for a human manager to win a transfer battle with other clubs, even major one. Tottenham have no right to beat off competition from Barca/Real for a Brazilian wonderkid. And it is to easy to pick up great freebies.

Not to mention, the absurdity of the manager situation, whereby Things like bigtime managers leaving a title race with 3 games to go and manage some team in mid table.

Still, other than that i think the game is getting closer and closer to greatness. Buy the game, play it, love it. If you want to do a journeyman save then buy it anyway and play as a someone else untill the patch. the next patch, by the way, is not some holy grail as some fans would have you believe. The problems that get rectified would probably go unnoticed to the less anal retentive amongts us.

can someone just say is the 11.2 better than 11.1?

this is what i summarise:

11.1 - better realisation, lower accuracy of injuries, game is to easy, AWFUL transfer system

11.2 - ruined ME with bad realisation but great transfer system, harder AI

similiar to both patches is that narrow formations dont work

what do you think, which patch is more enjoyable?

I always play with a narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. Currently top of the league with Southampton. In another save I am 2nd in the Championship with Leeds & another save 3 seasons in are 2nd in the Premiership with Everton having finished 4th the previous 2 seasons

the game is great, one or two little things maybe not working perfect at the moment, tactics thing being the big one, but there are work arounds which make it work fine. Transfer system is really good, realistic fee's going about for the best part. I love the ME i think its brilliant much better than FM10.

but dont take our word for it, go buy it and enjoy it!!

The game has improved a lot since release and I can honestly say that people exaggerate to the max when they claim that it's unplayable. To me it's the best version of Football Manager ever released. Sure there are bugs here and there but it's nothing that bother me too much and I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

The vocal minority that hate the game are in minority and I suppose it will never be possible to silence them completely. Let them live with their delusional minds while you play and enjoy the game. That's what it's for after all.

Archived