How balanced do you think the regens are generated ?

How balanced are the regens ?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How balanced are the regens ?

• Balanced: Accurate and Natural Feeling
    • Out of proportion: Too Strong/Weak

i complained when i first got the game that there a lot of players coming through with obvious missing stats, strikers who cant finish or wingers who cant cross but i must say after 3-4 seasons there are some really good ones coming through, i think they are balanced right, plenty of pretty good players, the odd star here and there, i always seem to pick up some great german regens in the first few seasons.

have played only 3 seasons, what i have notcied:

1- some have very well-rounded stats, their attributes look more of a 19-20 yo than a 16 year old.

2- many of them still have very low jumping stats, and by low i mean 3s and 4s.

3- big teams are buying them for peanuts, like their value is 1.1M with amazing stats for a 16-17 year old and offers of 1.8M are accepted.(hope this gets fixed in the latest patch as it is a very big problem for long term games.)

you should have added an "undecided" option :p

I'm still not sure, my game seems to have cut down on the amount of wonderkids generating but theres still a heafty amount floating about from the previous two seasons, as a point if i had signed every regen striker i wanted i would have over 10forwards at the club, ill not count the midfielders id liked to have signed!

but off the top of my head i think i currently have 4 that made it into the national side as a regular fixture by the age of 19, so yeah i don't know

I think the main problem is that new regens feel more like 18-19 year olds in temrs of stats than 15-16 year olds. Generally they even out around about the age of 20, but perhaps they need to be generated slightly worse and then have them develop a bit quicker?

Yeah, I thought of that but I wanted someone who is inclined to one way to choose it even though the difference was not by a large margin. If you're truly neutral, well refrain from voting please then ^^

The problem is, like everyone else who creates a poll, it's loaded in the favour of the answer you want.

You think that newgens are overpowered, yet in you poll you have grouped that option with people who think they are under powered, thus, intentionally or not, your poll invalidates itself.

Also, because of the question you asked, people who are having 'issues' with newgens are more likely to look in the thread than people who aren't having problems, that's just human nature.

Your poll needed at least 4 options to be even remotely valid:

Regens overpowered

Regens alright

Regens perfect

Regens underpowered

That would produce very different results with very few people picking perfect or flawed.

In the last fm people were banging on and on that regens simply weren't good enough because you had players with fantastic stats, apart from one which meant they were horribly flawed (eg strikers with all 17+ in their important stats appart from 5 in composure).

This time si have ensured that important stats are generated together in templates and now you complain they are too rounded.

Sigh...

I like it on the whole.

We now have defensive midfielders generating, which we didnt have on FM10.

However, wait til Messi and De Rossi are close to retiring and create a player filter search from them.

Whilst I say there are good DM's, there is no-one that comes close to De Rossi, you have to lower every attribute 1 or 2 to get any players to come up at all - then they are mostly players that started the game.

I see a couple of Rooney style players generate each year, but never a Messi or Ronaldo. I have a newgen that is just like Giggs/Bale but his creativity is lower than his other key attributes, which would make him truly one of the greats.

Oh, and the ACM role doesn't seem to spawn the next Pastore, Hamsik or Ganso.

The CM players seem to be more balanced. I can get plenty of CM with tackling and passing 15+ which is great but it seems like they are all a bit too rounded.

@Maidel

What, in essence, is different if one thinks the regen is overpowered and the other one thinks underpowered ? Still imbalanced, no ?

In the same sense, I could say that your options favor your own idea as well ("alright" and "perfect"). The discussion is about what the gamers think about the regens, not how different they rate it. The reason I opened this thread was I was almost crucified for bringing up a regen that was "too good to be true" (in my words) and I simply wanted to know if I was definitely on the wrong side. The general idea of the community could help it and so I opened this poll.

The difference is that it's umbalanced for a different reason, and that's important. It's like asking if the room is too hot or too cold, but only offering the options of 'the rooms perfect' or 'the temperature not right'

In the end you are no wiser than you were at the beginning.

The difference is that it's umbalanced for a different reason, and that's important. It's like asking if the room is too hot or too cold, but only offering the options of 'the rooms perfect' or 'the temperature not right'

And that's how you defend your ideas ?

I don't buy, thank you. ^^

And that's how you defend your ideas ?

I don't buy, thank you. ^^

Haha! Sorry, what's not to 'buy'

You think you have an issue with them game, you come to a public forum and set up what is in fact a loaded poll (accidentally or on purpose) and when I point this out you get upset with me. Even with all the odds stacked in your favour (loaded question, topic only likely to get negative interest) it's still conning out 60:40 against you.

I think the fact that most people are very divided on the issue in itself proves that the regens are far from perfect. That's not to say they aren't the best they've ever been, but I think there's still a lot of room for SI to make them better.

I think the fact that most people are very divided on the issue in itself proves that the regens are far from perfect. That's not to say they aren't the best they've ever been, but I think there's still a lot of room for SI to make them better.

The thing is MOST people aren't divided on anything. The forum makes up a TINY proportion of players and is over run by people who have issues because they come here looking for solutions to those issues, thus if you believe the forum the entire game is wrong and unplayable, when it couldn't be further from the truth.

The other issue is that with threads like this you are dealing with people perceptions, and people perceive very different things from the same information. If you want to persuade people there is an obligation on you to provide factual proof of an issue, or else you might as well not bother because si won't take it seriously.

Is there an issue with regens. Yes. People have proven in others threads that statistically regens have too low flair and natural fitness. Those are the only facts that are there. If you think regens are too good, then you need to start doing some serious number crunching comparing players St the start of the fame to the regens that are produced. And from what I've seem posted in other threads, they simply do not produce the sorts of results you imply are there.

I think they are good overall, speaking personally i have a hard time finding good all-around cheap regens, the ones i find are normally either going to be world class or have one or two attributes that are really lacking that makes them crap.

Mind you it's probably my incompetence in finding regens.

From what I've seen and experienced, regens this year have been pretty good but there are a few issues:

1) Too many high CA 15/16 year olds, especially Brazillian and Argentine regens. I think there needs to be a slight reduction in the number of high ability youngsters generated.

2) There are still some strange stats for certain positions. In particular, I've seen a lot of defensive midfielders with around 18/19/20 for both Acceleation and Pace. Compare this to the real players in game. You'd be lucky to find a defensive midfielder with Acceleration and Pace above 16. Goalkeepers as well seem to have incredible physical attributes but not so good technicals.

3) Which leads me nicely onto this point. There seems to be defficiencies in key attributes. For example, I see a lot of strikers with really poor finishing. Wingers and attacking midfielders with very little flair. Centre backs who cannot jump...

Too many super brazilians for my taste. But maybe it's the same in real life. And yes sometimes the 15-16 year old players are more like 20 year olds but it's better than last year.

Check this out. It was his first season in the game. Popped up with those stats like that.

2) There are still some strange stats for certain positions. In particular, I've seen a lot of defensive midfielders with around 18/19/20 for both Acceleation and Pace. Compare this to the real players in game. You'd be lucky to find a defensive midfielder with Acceleration and Pace above 16. Goalkeepers as well seem to have incredible physical attributes but not so good technicals.

Have you noticed the DM pace problem particularly in a game started on 11.2? This was a major problem for me in 11.1 but it seems to have been fixed on the latest patch.

Yes, but hes not 16.

Hes got pretty amazing stats, but its not out of the realms of possiblity for a 19 year old.

Him being someone of his mid 20s instead of a 19-year-old was aimed in comparison to the similar statement of Barockhamster's.

No, it's not 19'ish for a player that was generated in an African club at the end of the previous season.

Him being someone of his mid 20s instead of a 19-year-old was aimed in comparison to the similar statement of Barockhamster's.

No, it's not 19'ish for a player that was generated in an African club at the end of the previous season.

Appologies - ive read that post 10 times and I dont understand.

from what i have seen they seem a lot more balanced than in previous versions, still find some players start with high pa but really rubbish attributes for the position they are supposed to play in but other than that all good, this is the most enjoyable fm in years

Check this out. It was his first season in the game. Popped up with those stats like that.

This one is relatively easy to explain as his very low physical stats, especially acceleration and strength, mean that his ability is actually less than you would think. I think that although there a few excellent regens been thrown up now and then, way too young, generally the regen balance is just right, apart from the low flair and natural fitness, and the goalkeepers having incredible physical stats that has already been mentioned.

Personally I think it is the best so far, and SI have managed to generally improve this part of the game year on year. Of course it can be improved, but it is one of the most difficult things to get right, and takes enormous, time-consuming number crunching to test, so I think that SI have done a good job.

To improve them I think it will be just refining the generation of different player types, making sure players have attributes that suit their position and so on and so forth. I don't think an overhaul is needed, just refining the current system.

Appologies - ive read that post 10 times and I dont understand.

Somehow my prompt answer is nowhere to be found, maybe I forgot to press post reply button. Retrying:

Getting exhausted at work after a long day as well as being a non-native English speaker as I am, (which could be further evidenced by my forgetting of pushing buttons ^^) apparently my grammar collapsed.

What I meant was; Barockhamster had drawn a comparison along the lines of a player's attributes being inaccordant to his age. So was, I think, the player I gave an SS of. Some player brought up from an African club the previous year can not be excelled that much at that age, maybe only a couple of years later under right training.

Hopefully this time. ^^

@Matt123456

So comparably lower acceleration and strength attributes make him an ordinary one ?

Somehow my prompt answer is nowhere to be found, maybe I forgot to press post reply button. Retrying:

Getting exhausted at work after a long day as well as being a non-native English speaker as I am, (which could be further evidenced by my forgetting of pushing buttons ^^) apparently my grammar collapsed.

What I meant was; Barockhamster had drawn a comparison along the lines of a player's attributes being inaccordant to his age. So was, I think, the player I gave an SS of. Some player brought up from an African club the previous year can not be excelled that much at that age, maybe only a couple of years later under right training.

Hopefully this time. ^^

@Matt123456

So comparably lower acceleration and strength attributes make him an ordinary one ?

There will always be a superstar somewhere just waiting to be found, what kind of stats do you think George Weah would have had at 19 in this game before he moved to Monaco? I would of said he would be better than the screen shot above. I havent really seen regens of that quality yet, not ones so young, my scouts are not doing a good enough job!!

I think the point with the physical stats is he will not perform as well as you would hope with those stats until his physical stats improve a bit, he wont have the pace or strength to dominate games yet, but that will come with training and matches.

CSKA Moscow first team is an inactive team ? Why so persistent ?

well what i ment by that is i would imagine he either doesnt have the russian league loaded or its on a view only setting, which gives different results than if the league was running on full detail, there is a thread about this in the GD forum.

That's an SS from a game of mine. The Russian league was not loaded, yes.

ok so the stats can be slightly exaggerated because the detail level in that league is so low, the results and stats are based purely on PA and team reputation and can give results and stats you would not find if the league was running.

So in essence CSKA Moscow are an inactive team in the game.

He sure is an amazing 19 year old, but maybe as people have pointed out he might not perform so well because of his physical stats. If he is realistic or not is for someone else to decide. :)

(And it might seem as I quoted the wrong post now but actually I just wanted to say that I did understood it just fine)

Archived