Getting someone into FM

Have you successfully gotten one of your mates who doesn't like FM (or football, or sports!) into FM? Because I did and I think he's starting to get obsessed over it. :cool:

He's a football fan, but he liked the FIFA games. He always complained that in FM you can't really control the players. I counted with the point that FM is the most bloody realistic game on earth and what FM doesn't have in super duper graphics they make it all up with realistic gameplay. So came the time when I saw FM11 on sale on Steam for around US$28 (or somewhere around there) during the annual big Steam sale over Christmas time. He wanted FM but he didn't have VISA, or Paypal (or maybe he was just bloody lying to me!) so I got him that (call it a Christmas gift or w/e). He's playing as Villa and I do occasionally help him but as a veteran of FM games I let him make all decisions, I'm like his Ass man so to speak. ;)

He's picking up the game nicely and I reckon he's not going back to FIFA anymore! He hasn't gotten the 'One more FM game' syndrome so he's not totally an FM addict yet. :thdn:

He didn't sign up on the forums yet so that's my next step. But tbf, with all the threads in GD it might not be a good idea to let him see threads like 'OMG, THE GAME IS CHEATINGGGGGG ME!!!! NOT EVEN MY GF DOES THAT!' and 'WHY DID I LOSE THE GAME WHEN I HAD 1 GAZILLION CCCs!!!! SORTITOUTSI!!'

I also got someone who doesn't even like FM or football to join the forums (a girl nonetheless! :p) but she doesn't come on anymore and really only lurked in OTF. But still getting her to signup was a hassle!

So, how many of you have gotten your mates into FM?

Archived