So ive hit a rough spot!!

so you go through the season playing really well and sitting comfy in the top 4 and then you hit a rough spot!!!!

what i want to know is what would you do? i dont wanna change the tactics and have tried changing the team around but only makes the team weaker??

any ideas?

Definately vary the teamtalks, don't use the same week in week out as i believe they loose effect after a while. I try and use 2-4 individual teamtalks per game as well.

Keep and eye on morale as stated above and current form. What i do is if a player plays below a 6 I'll have a private chat with him after above his performance and say needs improving and if they play over an 8 i'll have a chat and praise them.

If a player has an outstanding game for the reserves, e.g. a striker scores a brace put him in the starting line up next game and say pick up where you left off. Has paid off beautifully a couple of times for me, invarably they put in a good shift.

You don't have to make wholesale changes to your tactics but maybe start games tighter (narrower, slower tempo, slightly pushed up defensive line) and use the match preparation screen. Once team blend is very high interchange between the other options depending on your next opposition.

One thing i have found playing FM over the years is that if you keep things the same for too long the game kind of finds you out!

this. ensure you have your best, and best performing side playing

I've also had some success with starting with another tactic (I have a defensive tactic that focuses on getting trough the game without many chances - for either side) and then switch back to your usual tactic, perhaps with some minor tweaks.

Archived