Can't play due to medical reasons.

Just signed a French player named Fabien Lauret on a free for my Eastbourne Boro side, but he is unable to play due to medical reasons until the end of the season. I have looked about to find out what is wrong with the guy, but have had no luck in finding out whats happened to him in real life.

Anyone know?

Thought you was going to say that you couldn't play the game for medical reasons and that you needed to request a 'guinea pig' player to play for you...............almost a Ebbsfleet Utd role in the game!

Thought you was going to say that you couldn't play the game for medical reasons and that you needed to request a 'guinea pig' player to play for you...............almost a Ebbsfleet Utd role in the game!

lol not quite, although my team is on the verge of giving me a nervous breakdown.

Well, it's not really en error, more an update that's needed : after his heart surgery he was given 1 year injury in the game, but it's doubtful that he can play football anymore.

yes but he still might, they have to put a set date on an injury so they made it 12 months, they wont take him out of the game until he officially announces his retirement

On an Arsenal game I ran on FM10, Angel Di Maria contracted testicular cancer and was out of action for two years. Obviously this is no reflection on real life, but didn't think they'd have put cancer in the game?

I heard on the podcast that this is very rare to happen in-game but they have added it to highlight it as it can happen to any of us.

Archived