Bidding for 16/17 yo

Now, im trying to build up my british contingent in my team, with all the regulations now for European Comps, i though 3 seasons in, its time to get some youngsters in, people who will challenge for a first team spot in years to come.....

So there i am, bidding away for a 16 year old AMC. Valued at 3.6mill, i has a look at his stats, not bad, could be a go-er here. Bid away.....5mill. Arsenal come back saying they want £30mill for him!?

Im sorry.....What? did i hear them right.....30 million of the queens pounds for a 16 yo kid?! So forget that one, goes to Chelsea and find another one....£25 million for a 17yo....

Forget that too....Liverpool......Theres a brilliant 16 yo there....Jackpot..... 15mill i bid for him... Reject.....20mill i bids...reject.... Balls i think, not going any higher than that....

What is wrong with the transfer system in this game, im looking for players for the future, and im having to fork out World Class player prices....if they were already WC players i wouldnt mind, but they arent there mediocre at the moment, at best.....

Something needs to be done about this....

It is slightly realistic when you consider that down the line most of those players won't ever get regular playing time at those clubs and will go for ~5M if even that.

thats a different thing tho, no team will want to get rid of their best young players when they are 16/17, when they get to 21/22 teams will be more willing to part with them if they are not developing like they hoped.

Re-read the post, this time properly.

They were not bids, they were negotiations by the selling club.

Big difference.

What price would Wenger have sold Wilshere for last season? He hadn't made his debut, but Wenger knew he was due for big things. £5m?! £10m? £20m?

Yeah but at that age how can you tell how there going to develop.... If you can cash in on them quick and get a decent price for them, then why not....?

I never sell young players until i am sure they are not good enough for the first team, why would you want to sell potential home grown players especially since you need them for Europe. Arsenal never sell their young players unless they are not coming along good enough, do you think Man u would have sold Giggs, Scholes, Beckham when they were younger.

How about when Rooney moved from Everton to Utd for over £25 mil ?

Completely different by a landslide

He had been watched by top clubs for years and years and years (footage of him playing as a 10 year old can found)

And still, Man Utd waited until he proved himself to be a potential star in Premiership games before trying to buy him, afterall he played nearly 70 matches for Everton, regardless of age, he was already seen as a first teamer

So the fee was due to him being touted as the biggest future star of English football (by Everton, Man Utd, other teams and various aspects of the media) and already being a regular in the first team

And I highly doubt the price would of been anywhere near that if Man Utd risked buying him before he started playing first team football

Edit: one thing to add, transfers of 15-17 years between clubs of the same division tend to be quite rare IRL (most move to what is deemed better leagues or countries)

Due to legal reasons (and processing ones in fairness) and truly realistic youth system couldn't be put into place, so we are stuck trying to buy inside this category, and I suppose the insane asking fees are the programmers way to prevent too many youths moving around? (nowhere near perfect mind you)

Ok but lets say these players in question have huge PA's, this is embedded into the game and therefore the AI is aware of how good these players can turn out to be, regardless of whether they have played any first team football yet.

If teams were certain (as one pretty much can be in FM) that their youngsters would turn into superstars then they would demand such fees.

This is indeed true, and that only way around it is to alter the way potential ability is seen within the game, both by the AI and player

Unfortunately, this type of thing simply can't be compared to real life, if you bring fees down to a realistic amount, you will find the human player gaining an even larger advantage

This is one of those areas of the game where gameplay (or in this case, potential AI competitiveness) takes over from realism

We can agree and disagree on the right and wrong approaches to the problem, but while in the current state of gaming AI and UI presentation, I would imagine the current method to be among one of the better

How much do Ipswich want for Wickham and Southampton for Oxlade-Chamberlaine in real life? About £10m. So if a lower league club are demanding this for a young player surely a premier league club can demand more for a player

Funny that.

Just few days ago I was complaining the exact opposite (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/249168-Poaching-youngsters-a-bit-too-easy) and I still stand by what I said then.

Seems like an issue to divide opinions forever. Which, in a way, proves that developers have found a good balance. Good real life arguments can found for both "too cheap" and "ridiculously expensive". Probably boils down to few experiences each of us has within a game.

Archived