Is manager reputation broken or not??

Guys Ive heard a lot of people saying that they find it hard to land big jobs despite their rep being world class..Now my question is..is the reputation 'officialy' broken or is it just people having a whinge (including me lol)

Its hard to tell, as sometimes I can get a decent job, and other times I dont get no good offers at all when I resign from a club..

Thanks In advance

I cant give you a definite answer, but in my game I have been offered decent jobs (all in England). The biggest offers being Chelsea and Man Utd.

And all I managed to win is the FA cup. Started as a Sunday league footballer, now my rep is world class.

Havent been offered a single continental job.

I believe it's not broken, just falsely displayed. The reputation shown on your profile is your home reputation. Your world rep and current rep may be lower than that; hence, you're not getting a job outside the country.

It's not broken, but the description 'world class' is generally misleading, as it usually just means you are one of the highest rep managers in the country that you are currently managing in, rather than one of the highest rep managers worldwide. Thus you can get jobs in your current country fairly easily, but will find it difficult to move abroad (because your overall rep isn't as high as your 'current country' rep). Given that manager rep is given the three values in the editor (current country, home nation and world), they should all be visible in game, then there wouldn't be this confusion, and so many complaints that a 'world class' manager can't get a job. People would then see that they are 'world class' in Holland (managing Ajax for example), continental in England (English nationality - an English manager doing well abroad is still fairly well known in England) but only national rep worldwide - hence Barcelona won't employ them as they aren't very well known in Spain.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248992-Applying-for-new-jobs.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-I-doing-wrong

2nd link, SI seem to knowledge the problem and state they're going to fix it in the next patch. There's another thread about this in the bugs forum too where a lot of people have been ftping their saved games.

Athos and Robin: Some people have won Champions League with Rangers or Celtic, but have been passed over in England for managers who haven't really done anything. It does seem to be broken.

Not many managers can go from one country (where they have built their rep) to another and manage at exactly the same level.

If I am the best manager in England and I fancy managing in Italy, you can't afford to wait for one of 3 jobs to come up and then pin all your hopes on that one. Resign, apply at clubs in Italy, build a rep there and then when a big job becomes available they will come to you.

I wanted to manage Juve/Milan/Inter. These jobs rarely come up. So I applied for Parma (recently relegated to serie B) and set upon earning my spurs in a foreign land. We got promoted, we challenged near the top and when Milan sacked their manager, I was their first port of call - I didn't even acknowledge an interest.

I think if you state a favourite club its less likely that you'll be offered a job however IRL this is never the case. I have tested a game as unemployed. Put down a favourite club from abroad and no job offers with a top international reputation however put no favourite club and had newcastle offer me a position. This was when the patch had newcastle without a manager. Point was, the favourite club was an italian club and not a newcastle rival so it made no sense. I did this 3 times and every time the same thing happened.

I'm managing Spurs and I'm in season 2015-16 and I've been offered the Bayern and AC Milan jobs. Got offered the AC job after winning my first title then the Bayern one a few year later after winning the English double and another Premier League title though i stayed because I have built a top class team at Spurs.

Archived