Football Manager in real time

Nah, wouldn't really be worth it

Plus, the game sometimes skips a couple of days by itself, so it would sort of be impossible

I do all the press conferences....

Did at first, then realized that despite the "overhaul" it is still as worthless as before (only 1 question has any effect on anything, pathetic)

Did at first, then realized that despite the "overhaul" it is still as worthless as before (only 1 question has any effect on anything, pathetic)

No, thats not true - although the media only report one question, ive seen effects of other questions in the conference.

EG - the papers reported that I said the XXX was a crap manager, but a player who I also praised in the conference is happy with my comments about him.

Never seen that happen in my games, only ever seen the focal point have an effect

You sure the player was happy about what you said about him, rather than being happy about you slating another manager? Last time I checked you aren't actually told what they liked/disliked about the press conference

I've slated people badly and it's had zero effect when it hasn't been the focal point

That's true. I also find that the questions regarding squad confidence will always have an effect as I often opt for the 'if complacency seeps in there will be a problem option, and when I don't I have players who will become complacent more easily. It never gets reported by the media, but I do believe it has an effect. That particular question is why I always do the press conferences.

Archived