Agents hate me.

I'm a pretty tough negotiator , if a player asks beyond my own wage structure i usually tell them where to go but I've noticed that of the half of my players that have agents at AFC Wimbledon, most of their agents hate me and only one likes me. I've a feeling its gonna be awkward come contract renewal time. Is there much of a difference between an agent who likes you and one who hates you and is gonna cost me much extra?

In a word - Yes.

Agents hate me too. The way it seems to work is, if you negotiate a contract once, they dislike you, if you negotiate a contract a second time, they hate you.

I refused point blank to pay agents fees for a year - passing up really good players because of it. Since then, ive paid out about £10 million a year to agents. Why - well ive found offering the agent a 'largish' fee, meant I could offer much smaller contracts and almost no signing on fee for the player.

I rarely pay agents anything

Out of the 23 players I've brought into the Premiership... and the numerous renewals, I've only paid £1.4M in total over a couple of years, and that was only when I first started, and I think that was mostly on keeping Pienaar with me (Of course most of my signings have been freebies lol)

I just set the agent fee to £0 and negotiate something the player will accept

Of course, I've gone against this as I'm attempting to sign Eden Hazard whose demands exceed my budget, therefore using the agent fee as a way to lowering it... but if not for that, his agent would get nothing too lol

As for the hatred part... got quite a few who hate me, still doesn't stop me doing the above haha

On my second season & I'm yet to sign a player who has an agent! My team are very small & therefore I can't pay much in wages & my highest earner is on £450 p/w. I'll no doubt stumble on a player who has an agent once I get promoted to the top Division.

Archived