Merseyside Police would have been thrilled with this!

My Man. United team has just played away at Everton in the FA Cup Quarter-finals. It was a Sunday, and Liverpool were also scheduled to play their quarter-final against Tottenham on the same day! Kick-off times were only an hour apart.

I know, in the great scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. But it's unrealistic and kind of annoying. Two teams from the same city would never be scheduled to play at home on the same day.

My Man. United team has just played away at Everton in the FA Cup Quarter-finals. It was a Sunday, and Liverpool were also scheduled to play their quarter-final against Tottenham on the same day! Kick-off times were only an hour apart.

I know, in the great scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. But it's unrealistic and kind of annoying. Two teams from the same city would never be scheduled to play at home on the same day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

Hardly anything to get 'annoyed' about tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on your nature, I guess. I like the game to feel as realistic as possible, and it does take away from that a little.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

Hardly anything to get 'annoyed' about tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on your nature, I guess. I like the game to feel as realistic as possible, and it does take away from that a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, maybe. Like you said, depends on your stance on realism.

I personally wouldnt mind that particular problem but i always check my club history to make sure everyhing is in order.....dont know why because it doesnt make the slightest difference to the actual gameplay.

When we're striving for "The most realistic" simulation, such things need to be considered.

You should post this in the bugs forums, as this situation would NEVER be allowed to happen IRL and as such = shouldn't be in the game.

It's good you've spotted it Mike7077.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I know, in the great scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. But it's unrealistic and kind of annoying. Two teams from the same city would never be scheduled to play at home on the same day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It must be really frustrating for you not to be able to advance the game in minute intervals as well. I can imagine your horror when you press continue at 6pm, and the game clock jumps to 10pm, and you have to wait for 4 hours to continue your game

I am presuming of course that you want it so realistic you can only play 2 games per week in real time ;-)

It's perfectly sensible to expect things like this to be correct. It's no less "important" than the addition of team talks. Plus it's only the addition of a simple constraint to the fixture scheduler which already has a plethora of similar constraints...infact including this one for most cases, just seemingly not in that case of cup quarter-finals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Two teams from the same city would never be scheduled to play at home on the same day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just be thankfull that the teams are not Dundee $ Dundee United. There two stadiums are only a few hundred yards from one another and are the closest stadiums in the UK.

How realistic do you want it to be ??? The problem is this game tries to be too realistic............if you want to be really realistic then your first appointment should be running the queens arms on a sunday morning and not Man Utd

Wait, why wouldn't this happen in real life? Liverpool's kind of divided into Liverpool fans and Everton fans, so no one will really mind. It's not like they share a stadium.

Talking of sharing a stadium, if this was AC Milan and Inter playing, I'd consider it silly. However, that isn't the case. It's not like people would consider it bad if two of the many London teams were playing on the same day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthPeanuts:

Wait, why wouldn't this happen in real life? Liverpool's kind of divided into Liverpool fans and Everton fans, so no one will really mind. It's not like they share a stadium.

Talking of sharing a stadium, if this was AC Milan and Inter playing, I'd consider it silly. However, that isn't the case. It's not like people would consider it bad if two of the many London teams were playing on the same day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or 3 of them, which has been the case a fair few times this season.

London is far bigger and divided into different boroughs or whatever. You don't get two nearby teams in London playing on the same day as far as I'm aware. Liverpool and Everton are quite close together if I remember correctly. As for the issue of whether it would matter in real life (and hence whether it should in the game) The police have to be out in force for a major football match and if two are going on at the same time they need twice as many police. I'm sure the criminal fraternity of Liverpool would rub their hands with glee at the opportunity to go on a crime spree while most of the constabulary is off policing two football matches, but the general public would be unimpressed!

As for there being far bigger issues in the game...obviously. The same could be said of loads of bugs reported, but given that this would take probably a couple of minutes to fix whereas those big issues would take days and weeks it's hardly relevant!

Archived