Left Backs to scarce?

I have to agree - when I was looking for a really world class left back (and right back) who could also attack a bit as well, I really struggled, even if I was prepared to spend my entire budget on it.

Ive got a good enough one - Diego Renan? Think thats right. And the best big about it, is he plays equally well left and right :) but hes still not what I would term 'world class'.

The rest of my first team is all 4 or 4.5 stars for potential, but my left and right back are only 3.5. Tis a shame, but its realistic really.

When you think about it, in reality, left back is one of the positions that you find most players retrained to. Liam Ridgewell is a good example of a centre back who has been completely retrained to being a left back. There's also the German Paul Breitner, who was a right footed central midfielder who was also used as a left back.

So as youth players come through, there will be a lack of left backs, but it's then up to you (and the AI), to retrain players to be left backs to ensure you have enough cover without overspending.

Young full backs come on very quickly with the right training focus and match time.

I thought there was a dearth of left backs, signed 3 youngsters who I thought 'could' make it and all 3 improved massively.

Key attributes for me are pace, acceleration, tackling, positioning. All 3 had 10-14 in those areas.

1 went out on loan, the other 2 I rotated. Now, all aged 20-22 I have 3 top full backs, 2 truly world class.

i dunno i have found them quite easy to find, Fabio is an obvious one, there is a good Argentinian player in Germany Pinola or something i think, theres a not bad Greek one at Valencia as well, personally i have two regens and Sakho for my left back slot so i cant complain :)

Fabio is right footed, so he would never play LB for me.

We all have different key attributes and rules (such as the above) so we are not all looking for the same thing.

For me, fullbacks need to be quick, good tacklers, with good positioning. I don't care about much else - aerial ability, dribbling etc whereas other people might want one who can dribble, I just want one who can run.

Archived