2 things that improve the game (opinions please )

Firstly the option to hide how much a player is valued at. I think to prove to myself I'm a good manager i'd just look at a players attributes and have an estimate on how much I would pay/sell that player for. Just an option to do it would be sufficient as not everyone would like that

Secondly I would like when being approached for a job, that the chairman at the current club could refuse permission from another club to speak to me, as is done in real life. This would either (If i wanted to leave) the option of having to resign (with no guarantee if getting the job as they just want to 'speak' to me) or staying with the current club. Also if the request is rejected it would be good if the manager didn't know about it and heard it through the media

which may disgruntle fans if the owner is unpopular (I'm a newcastle fan)

Yes. no or maybe ?

There needs to be more ambiguity - less information about players you don't have. If a player scores 25 goals in a season for a team in your division that should mean something to you and you should be interested in them, scouting them and not just clicking on him and going "he's £4mil and his off the ball isn't good enough".

A 23 year old player can be given very different attributes in FM2006 than the ones he got at 28 in FM2011. Not because he got much better or much worse but because he played well or badly and that's the only real way we have to gauge how talented a player is - by watching them perform. In FM you can just look at some reserve team player for another team who only ever plays reserve team games and know he is great. Even scouting is problematic in this way because scouts might be able to turn you onto a reserve team player with some promise irl they could never know for sure how that would translate to competitive football.

Secondly I would like when being approached for a job, that the chairman at the current club could refuse permission from another club to speak to me, as is done in real life. This would either (If i wanted to leave) the option of having to resign (with no guarantee if getting the job as they just want to 'speak' to me) or staying with the current club.

I like this one!

The way managers are approached now seems a bit unrealistic...

Firstly the option to hide how much a player is valued at. I think to prove to myself I'm a good manager i'd just look at a players attributes and have an estimate on how much I would pay/sell that player for. Just an option to do it would be sufficient as not everyone would like that

Secondly I would like when being approached for a job, that the chairman at the current club could refuse permission from another club to speak to me, as is done in real life. This would either (If i wanted to leave) the option of having to resign (with no guarantee if getting the job as they just want to 'speak' to me) or staying with the current club. Also if the request is rejected it would be good if the manager didn't know about it and heard it through the media

which may disgruntle fans if the owner is unpopular (I'm a newcastle fan)

Yes. no or maybe ?

Yes, yes and yes. I have thought about the first idea before, but also to emphasise a players form when buying would be more interesting. Also, i would like to be able to mask player information. Like favoured personell and all that rubbish, his personality etc. But yes, stop with the player valuations, good idea.

As for the second, and excellent idea too. To add to this, although unrelated, i would like to be able to delegate contract and transfer stuff to the board, if i wish. all of it, not just major transfers. But it must remain an option. Also, add in Director of football.

So, a job offer comes up once in a blue moon (a constant moan from "journeyman career" players!) & you would like to see your MD to refuse permission to talk to you?

You're crazy!

Wouldn't mind this feature if job offers were a little more abundant than they are at present.

Both good ideas. The first one, like you said, would be best to be an option that could be toggled on or off, might/might not use it myself, am undecided!

The second, extremely good idea! I surprised SI haven't put this in there already. I find it highly annoying when teams offer me jobs that i don't want. There should be the option of them approaching to speak with you and you being able to reject it before a contract offer is made. I suppose thinking about this more it could lead to big development in terms of the real-time interaction for future versions, good thinking and hope SI add features around this idea in future versions.

1) There are numerous websites around with databases full of player details including an estimation of a player's value. Real life manager could fall back on that, I like the option for my in-game manager to know an estimation as well.

2) In this modern age of communication you really think there is a way to force people to stop communicating with each other? If a club wants to approach a manager without the club's approval they will find a way.

What game are you playing PB1UK?

"I find it highly annoying when teams offer me jobs that i don't want."

I would thank my lucky stars for the chance to turn down any job offers. I never get offers!

Archived