Crashes before it loads up

This doesnt look good. I took the risk of trying out this game, but I get to the ' Allow location ' option during loading up and then it crashes back to the Iphone screen ??

I have rebooted the device twice and still the same (and it is an iphone 3G running version 3.0.0)

Anyone have any ideas ???? ( Cost me £7 !!! grrrrrrrrrr )

While you wait for a proper answer, have you deleted the app of your phone and iTunes if you downloaded there, redownload it and install on your phone with iTunes. Just to eliminate any corrupt download which may have happened. Although i read 3.0.0 works out of interest how come you havent updated the phone it's self.

• SI Staff

Can you please try what cutterschoice has indicated - this is a rare issue but does seem to affect a minority of people and a redownload generally solves the problem.

If this doesn't help can you please try disabling 'location services' and see if the game starts correctly then (if it does please let me know and I'll try and replicate yoru setup and see what the issue is).

Finally when you say reboot your device that involves holding down the on/off button for a few seconds until the 'swipe to turn off' page apears - then swiping, waiting until it powers fully off and then rebooting? (sorry for asking - but some people simply toggle the 'screen on/off' rather than fully rebooting the device and this has absolutely no effect on clearing the systems memory).

PS - Any specific reason why you're running such an old version of iOS rather than a newer one? (just out of pure interest as I'd like to know if a lot of people are running older versions for a specific reason, then we can obviously ensure we up the amount of testing we do on such systems).

Archived