WHY didnt i win manager of the year?

yeah i won the Championship as Watford, got to the final of both cups (more by luck than judgement i think) and still only came third in the MOTY awards, the peterborough manager came first with LOADS more points than me even though they only got promoted through the playoffs, so i dont get these awards at all

Won the Europa League, the Dutch title (unbeaten, 2 draws and 11 points clear of 2nd place) and the Dutch Cup with PSV. Martin Jol who had taken Ajax to 3rd and gone out in the group stages of the Champions League won manager of the year. Guess the people voting for the award just like Ajax better?

How did you both do against your media predictions? Perhaps you were tipped to win, and did, but Man Utd were tipped to finish lower down.

I don't think these things are just down to winning things, I think they are about going beyond what was expected (like Hodgson last season).

i dont think it is a bug at all, Chelsea done the double last season yet Harry Redknapp was the Premier League's manager of the season and Roy Hodgson was the managers manager of the year.

this is also happened to me, i won La Liga for the 2nd season in a row yet i only got 2nd in the 2nd season.

Last season I won the Treble with Ajax and wasn't even in the top 3 Dutch Managers of the Year. Believe that's kinda strange too.

I agree with Dafuge that it's not the manager who won most things that should get the award but I thought winning the Champions League with Ajax would clearly earn me the trophy since I did better than the season before last one and I did win the Manager of the Year award back then.

I don't know whether it is a bug, but in my opinion how you can get along with your fellow managers also plays part in this. I think that if you're not popular and tend to slag off your fellow managers in press conferences your chances of winnning this competition will be dramatically reduced.

Winning 6 trophie and not getting in the first 3 coach of the year...nahh...i think is a bug...

That one certainly doesn't sound right.

Just out of interest, by winning everything possible I'm assuming your squad was miles better than the others. Was it that good or were some of the wins a surprise? Could it be the game just seeing your season as 'doing what was expected'?

Just out of interest, by winning everything possible I'm assuming your squad was miles better than the others. Was it that good or were some of the wins a surprise? Could it be the game just seeing your season as 'doing what was expected'?

So what about the Atlético Madrid example? edit: just saw your answer.

The awards do not take into consideration what you refer as "doing what was expected" . And even if they did, it would still take an amazing manager to do a 6 trophy year, even with the best players in the world.

He should be at least in the first 3, if not first! It's common sense.

@ dafuge 50-50 % i would say. Barca was favourite to win La Liga and Champions League with me on the second place(at par with Real Madrid)...but not even in the top 3, i think this is not right...

That doesn't sound right then. Perhaps it is worth mentioning it in the bugs forum, at the very least we might learn the criteria to win this. I wonder whether it is something to do with relationships with the other managers.

This probably won't help, but Barcelona won the league and the Champions League. I finished 2nd and won the Copa del Rey :cool:

The awards do not take into consideration what you refer as "doing what was expected" . And even if they did, it would still take an amazing manager to do a 6 trophy year, even with the best players in the world.

He should be at least in the first 3, if not first! It's common sense.

I agree, I'm not trying to justify it, I'm trying to find a reason for it. He should clearly be first in my opinion.

What are the criteria for this award, do you know?

Archived