Youngest fm'er

I started in 1993 with Champ Manager...geez, I was 15...have I really been buying the game every year for 17, nearly 18 years?

Wow...how many days of my life have I sat in front of a PC playing the series...

Ah well, back to the game.

First one I had was Championship Manager 99/00, got it just after it come out. I was 11.

Was fairly addicted from the start, getting 00/01 and 01/02 on their release dates.

CM4 wouldn't run on my computer, so played it on a relatives when we visited - problem was they lived 100 miles away.

Got a slightly better computer then bought Football Manager 2005.

Got a newer computer nearly two years ago which has been perfect for FM10 & FM11, which I've been instantly addicted to. :D

The old CM games were much simpler, would struggle even more with the new ones if I was still 11!

The first game I owned was Championship Manager 4 I think, I must've been 9 or 10. It's embarassing remembering how much I cheated (transfer exploit anyone?) I used to watch my older brother play for a good few years before that though, and played my first ever managing game as a hotseat game on either 03/04 or the one before that.

It was 1984 when I was 4 years old. The old Football Manager (1982 Series) by Kevin Toms that got me addicted on the Spectrum 48k.

I don't think I've missed a Football Manager edition since then, certainly not since 1992 when Championship Manager came out.

But I only seriously got into the game about 15 years ago, when I was 15.

Unfortunately my first management game wasn't FM, on an old commadore I used to play 92/93 (I think) with the little people who ran around and you could control if you wanted. At my grandfathers so I would have been around 4 - 5 at the time, FM I started in about 98 on a friends PC, I didn't get a PC of my own to do with as I pleased until 2002 so about 2003/2004 was when I started buying annually. Not bad to have leeched games for almost 10 years, the joys of being a kid I guess :p

It was 1984 when I was 4 years old. The old Football Manager (1982 Series) by Kevin Toms that got me addicted on the Spectrum 48k.

I don't think I've missed a Football Manager edition since then, certainly not since 1992 when Championship Manager came out.

But I only seriously got into the game about 15 years ago, when I was 15.

exactly the same for me, peter withe was mint in that game if i remember correctly.

I’m 19, started in 2005 when Australia had a ‘football craze’ after qualifying for the World Cup against Uruguay, 4-2 on penalties. I was 14 at the time, and had no idea what I was doing, just loved playing the damn game.

Archived