prize money

So getting to the promise land with all the extra money isn't enough?

what im saying is you will get more if you come last in premier league i think, i just think it should be higher. Yes getting promoted to the 'promise land' will make me better off but if this game is true to life you see in papers teams that get promoted are quoted to £90 million etc. So is that over the season or upfront. I got £40 mill for tv rights but that wont go far due to players wages increase and my season ticket holders has'nt changed it's still 30000 and my sponsership is still the same as last season which was renewed when i got promoted

It should come from TV, prize money, merchandising (shirt sales etc), tickets sold, ticket prices going up, bigger away attendances, parachute payments should you be relegated, and other smaller factors. The £40M TV money will be spread throughout the season, but on top of that you get paid for TV depending on where you finish in the league (effectively prize money from Sky) and a fixed amount for each televised game, of which you are guaranteed ten.

As Nobby points out, it's the actual RL prize money for the championship, and only the top two teams actually get anything

And since SI have a licence agreement with the Football League, I would say they can't deviate too much from reality over it either

Archived