Training performance levels do not make sense

I spend a lot of my time going into the players' training performance levels and having a chat with them if their overall level is not dark blue. However it doesn't seem to work. On a regular basis, I will see the overall training performance for a player is not near maximum, so talk to them to say they need to train harder. Occassionally a player will reply that they think "It's unfair, I've been training hard recently". I don't get how this private chat doesnt result in them agreeing when the performance level blatantly points to an underperforming training performance?

Secondly when the assistant manager releases his monthly training report, those who have 'trained well' do not necessarily have dark blue overall levels either, and challenging them about their training effort generally has the player in agreement, with the player then saying they'll train harder in future. Meanwhile challenge those that 'have not trained well', and they will sometimes get upset and their training level shows as dark blue.

So, overall, I do not get how these training level bars work, or the system is bugged and is not showing what the player's effort actually is.

The bars should be a good indication as to where you need to speak to players, not be the seemingly lottery process it is at the moment.

They should also be viewable on the squad screen and not be something you need to go into each player to view. If form on last 5 games can be shown as a small graph on the squad screen, why cant training levels?

I'd really like to know this as well.

There have always been problems in the Assistant reports about who is training well and who is not.

Is it a problem or just poor explanation of the game on what these represent?

I've read a post about training on here somewhere (probably the training an tactics forum) that could explain what's going on. It seems attribute changes are the result of a checksum being made. This includes training intensity, how good your coaches are, schedules and a bunch of other factors, together with a random one (it's like throwing dice with a modifier). If that sum is higher than a certain value (which is also calculated by various in-game variables), his attributes will increase. If it is lower than another value, they will drop.

Now my theory is that the trained well/trained badly report is only influenced by results (he could have trained hard, but in the end he got worse, so training hard =/= training well). So a lazy player can get lucky and increase his attributes, while a hard working player can be unlucky and drop.

EDIT: I've had a look around and I think I've found the thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/240386-FM2011-Training-Masterclass

It's a very interesting read, and if you look a bit more you'll also find a continued discussion about this thread and linear training.

Now my theory is that the trained well/trained badly report is only influenced by results (he could have trained hard, but in the end he got worse, so training hard =/= training well). So a lazy player can get lucky and increase his attributes, while a hard working player can be unlucky and drop.

Now, you do realize that if something like this is happening training is a total joke, right?

How can a player "get lucky" in training and have his attributes increase?

And why is it so difficult to get proper reports on who has trained well and who has not, so we adjust accordingly?

What is so difficult about that?

Thanks for the link, and I agree with your theory somewhat. It tends to be ones whose stats have gone up are judged as training well despite what their training graphs say.

The actual performance graphs still dont seem to make much sense though. They seem unrelated to both effort and stat gains?

edit: ah ok, read other thread, and can see they're possibly related to likelihood of training gains, but not sure that makes sense, as overall level goes up/down when I have private chats with players.

Archived