Any ideas why my penalty taker misses so much?

Just a quick question, I'm failing to see why he misses so many pens, in his last 2 he's missed 2 and I've always had this problem ever since he started taking penalties a few years back..

I'm confused as players with worse attributes for penalties somehow convert more.. Messi took pens last year and I don't think he even missed one.

So yeah, any ideas where the problem lies? :confused:

burakduveprofileattribu.png

Cheers

He got good composure,technique,finishing and Penalty taking so he should be banging them in.

Are the penalties late in the game? Then maybe it's because of his concentration.

Not really tbh, he actually scored 2 before the penalty and then scored 30 seconds or so after the miss from a long shot.. They're usually around mid game.

Does he have any PPMs? Shoots with power seems to make players miss a lot of penalties.

Luck seems to play a huge part in it though, my team went on a horrible run of missing penalties last season (missed something like 7/12) but this time round we're 100% so far.

burakduveprofilepositio.png

I can't see any issue..

have been saying it for ages it seams like (since the game came out)...there's a bug with the penalty conversion rate

just by entering a shotout it becomes plainly obvious, 99% of the time, half the pens miss target

Maybe he suspects his wife is cheating on him and it is affecting his confidence. You can solve this problem by hiring a private detective to trail his missus.

Haha, what?!

I thought the penalty conversion rate had improved anyway, Duve is one of the only players I have an issue with..

concentration is a defensive attribute

Concentration does not only apply to defenders. It has do to with how likely a player to keep his focus and how prone he is to make mistakes.

Defenders aren't the only ones who make mistakes or lose focus. We only focus more on defenders because they are more likely to make mistakes in front of their own goal.

Maybe his striker keeps losing focus as he is getting ready to take his penalty?

I don't think this is bad luck. I'm convinced its the concentration attribute being very low. Concentration is very important when taking any set-piece. I'd start using someone else to take your penalties.

Glad someone agrees.

Concentration does not only apply to defenders. It has do to with how likely a player to keep his focus and how prone he is to make mistakes.

Defenders aren't the only ones who make mistakes or lose focus. We only focus more on defenders because they are more likely to make mistakes in front of their own goal.

Maybe his striker keeps losing focus as he is getting ready to take his penalty?

I have my dubts, Villa (concentration 12) seams to do a better job then Messi (concentration 16), the later miss about 50% of his pens while Villa is my only player to score from the spot on regular basis

I have my dubts, Villa (concentration 12) seams to do a better job then Messi (concentration 16), the later miss about 50% of his pens while Villa is my only player to score from the spot on regular basis

Once again it could all be down to just bad luck.

come on how can you ALL be so stupid ? its CLEARLY because he doesnt have any eyes ! how is he suposed to score with a white blank face ?

seeing how he has 28 goals, im sure he is doing just fine with no eyes ;)

Archived