Tested: The number of physios affects the speed of recovery

I have done several tests of this, and I can confirm Physios do in fact affect time out injured. Here is one of my more recent examples, done at Blyth Spartans:

Kuami Agboh got injured in a match; a groin injury, I believe. I had no physios at that time. Out: ~ 4-5 weeks

2 days later, my 1st physio signed. Agboh's profile now reads: Out: ~ 3-4 weeks

2 more days later, 2nd physio signed. Agboh: Out ~ 3 weeks.

However, some of my other tests have suggested that any more than two physios are essentially a waste of money. It is possible they relieve the burden in injury crises, but my tests on this are inconclusive.

Also note, I didn't collate stats on these, so cannot recount precisely other examples. However, on the whole, the law of diminishing returns seems to apply, i.e. each one is less useful than the last.

you havent really proved anything to be honest, if you didnt have a physio the time out injured would be badly estimated, after you hired your first he gave a better estimated time, after the second an even better estimate, i think you will find the player would have been injured for the same amount of time no matter what, its just your staff are able to advise you better on the time they think they player is out.

Have you considered that the second physio was better than the first one?

Have you tested to see if not signing either physio would have changed the fact he got better?

Nice to know, but to actually test something, as you have implied you have done, we would need to see lots of other incidences and their results.

This isn't unfortunately a very good test, it doesn't determine whether the reduction in injury time seen in game is caused by the physio/s treating the player or whether they are simply able to judge the time out more accurately. I don't think a proper test of this type would be very easy to run without debug tools.

In the other thread on physios I've speculated on the diminishing returns as well, probably this thread would be better merged with that one. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/208851-How-many-physios-does-a-worldclass-team-need

A proper test would include:

- Testing at clubs at different levels to see if it was the actual number of physio's that helped or whether it was the standard of facilities at the club, compared to another club.

- Increasing the number of physio's with the exact same attributes for physiotherapy, because otherwise, if you hire Physio 2 with a rating of 18, then he's probably going to be be better than someone with a rating of 10, so the actual number of staff wouldnt matter - it would be the rating that's beneficial instead.

- The players themselves will change the results, as some players are better at recovering than others, regardless of how many physio's there are. So, in the OP's example, he hired a physio and the recovery time dropped? Well, that could be the player actually recovering naturally himself.

I don't think a comprehensive enough test could be done.

Archived