Question re: senior squad, B, and C teams

Playing with Villarreal, setting my squad registration. Under the Filters, I have Senior Squad, B Team, and C Team. I thought these would correspond with Villarreal B and Villarreal, but it does not seem like they do: when I hide Senior and C team, the guys left for B Team are _not_ on Villarreal B. If I click on them, they are on Villarreal. So why do they show up when filtered by B Team?

Any clarification appreciated.

I find that the B and C teams in Spain are very poorly done and messy. They are too separate from the main team, have different coaches, and don't develop young players the same way they are in real life. They're not youth and reserve teams that young or recently recovered players can move back and forth freely to gain fitness; once you put players in there, they're stuck at that level until their contracts run out. Practically they're useless.

Playing with Villarreal, setting my squad registration. Under the Filters, I have Senior Squad, B Team, and C Team. I thought these would correspond with Villarreal B and Villarreal, but it does not seem like they do: when I hide Senior and C team, the guys left for B Team are _not_ on Villarreal B. If I click on them, they are on Villarreal. So why do they show up when filtered by B Team?

Any clarification appreciated.

This is because the B team registration is done by the human manager, so it would be up to you to decide who plays in the B team and who makes the step up. Leaving a player out of the B team would mean they automatically play in the first team unless you want to register them as a B team player and then move them into the First team. You can do this with upto 6 players. IRL however there is a restriction in that B team players can only play in 60% of games for the first team and must not play in the final runup to the league. In-game this is not shown.

I find that the B and C teams in Spain are very poorly done and messy. They are too separate from the main team, have different coaches, and don't develop young players the same way they are in real life. They're not youth and reserve teams that young or recently recovered players can move back and forth freely to gain fitness; once you put players in there, they're stuck at that level until their contracts run out. Practically they're useless.

Players do not move into the B team to recover from injury. That is not what B teams do. They are not a reserve side but rather another step up in the youth develoment pyramid. I agree that the coaches need to be sorted out since the First Team decide on B team rulings, it would make sense for the human manager in-game to make the decision on training B team players. IRL the management is different in the B team to the first team and dont copy each other. However there needs to be better interaction between the two and especially with the appointment of staff at B team level, as this should be decided by the A team system.

This is an interesting topic, and I always wondered myself what B team is for and how it works.

I am also in Spain, my B team plays in segunda division and has its own manager. I have few great hot prospects who are approaching 19 years of age, and thus soon will not be able to play in my Under 19 team. At the same time, they are not good enough for the first team just yet. I get a lot of loan offers for them, but from the clubs that play in the same segunda division as my B team. So, I was thinking, instead of sending them on a loan to different club (which they often refuse anyway), why not simply moving them to my B team?? They are much better than good for nothing adults that currently play there anyway, and this might help B team. However, what stops me is the fact that I am afraid the manager of B team will sell them!! I see he manages his own transfers, buys and sells players from B team without asking me, so what if he just decides to sell my hot prospects? When I move them there, they are not marked in any way as "my" players, so to speak. At least on a loan they cannot be sold. Is a manager of B team allowed to sell players I temporarily move there without my permission?

I'd like to see what it'd be like if SI ever included England (and any other international) b and c teams. Because B team friendlies are ever so rare and I'm not sure how any other countries C teams work out. I know in England it's anyone playing below League 2 but I'm just not sure about the others?

This is an interesting topic, and I always wondered myself what B team is for and how it works.

I am also in Spain, my B team plays in segunda division and has its own manager. I have few great hot prospects who are approaching 19 years of age, and thus soon will not be able to play in my Under 19 team. At the same time, they are not good enough for the first team just yet. I get a lot of loan offers for them, but from the clubs that play in the same segunda division as my B team. So, I was thinking, instead of sending them on a loan to different club (which they often refuse anyway), why not simply moving them to my B team?? They are much better than good for nothing adults that currently play there anyway, and this might help B team. However, what stops me is the fact that I am afraid the manager of B team will sell them!! I see he manages his own transfers, buys and sells players from B team without asking me, so what if he just decides to sell my hot prospects? When I move them there, they are not marked in any way as "my" players, so to speak. At least on a loan they cannot be sold. Is a manager of B team allowed to sell players I temporarily move there without my permission?

I think you can avoid a B team manager selling players you don't want them to, by promoting a player to the first team, then using the "send to affiliate" option, to send them to the B team. It's a bit like sending them on loan really and worked fine for me managing Granada CF in FM10. Their B side however, wasn't in a playable league though, so this method could work out entirely differently for clubs like Real Mardid, Barcelona, or any of the other clubs who's B sides are in the playable leagues, such as the Liga adelante and the Segunda B divisions.

The whole mechanics of B sides, whilst managed by an AI manager but requiring some element of input and control from the human manager, seems very difficult to program properly, without perhaps causing difficulties or problems with other areas of the game.

Archived