Darn Byteshield - Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gather most of you bought this game back in November judging by all the possible searches I could possibly make, came back with fixes, solutions and ideas to solve problems dating back to then.

I'm hoping someone has had the same problem as me and has since learned how to fix it, though the searches I came across didn't help.

Okay, I have bought FM11 from Game as a digital download.

For a whole day, clicking on fm.exe didn't do anything despite installing, uninstalling (many times), patching, removing security software, applying fixes, running as Administrator and many more, plus a combination of all of those.

Initially, I got an error message stating that DEP was blocking Byteshield and so after a while, I figured out how to make an exception (in DEP) in order for it to start, however Byteshield now begins, or at least a window appears (minimised) in my Desktop though I cannot maximise it nor will it ever load.

It will stay there until I right click on it and close it.

Although I can't maximise it, in Vista, I can hover over it and it will show me a preview of the unopened window and it's simply a small blue screen.

That's my £30 FM 2011 experience which I've been striving for days to play and my emails are being ignored by Game and Byteshield - initially I understood why they were ignoring me, given my tone but even gentle mannered emails are being ignored too, which is absolutely outrageous.

I understand why this step and this company has been brought into the fold - to avoid piracy, well done but it appears that their steps to cut out piracy is to stop every f**ker from playing the game, at least then it can't be pirated plus the money has been taken and 'apparently' it is non refundable, absolute genius.

Except of course, only the people downloading the game are being victimised, it's not like the CD copy can ever be pirated now, is it??????????????

Once again, f***ing Einstein at Sega, SI or who ever it was who came up with the idea of paying a cowboy company from our pockets, to stop piracy and in doing so, cut off the f***ing hands that feed them - disgrace.

Okay, whinge over, I realise you guys are FM nuts as am I and it's not your fault but I noticed one thread very similar to mine got closed because it was claimed that it was a Byteshield problem and not FM, so therefore, it didn't belong in this forum.

Please, please, do not make the same assumption with my problem as I have paid £30 to play FM and because of Byteshield, Napoleon or f***ing Brittney Spears - I cannot start FM - which therefore belongs in any FM forum going and so, I'm counting on other loyal FM nuts whom have had the same problem as I am having to help me play the game we all love because no f***er else cares.

PLEASE HELP

Hello,

I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm not a techy so am not sure what to suggest - I assume you've had a look here and are running the latest version;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245319-11.2.1-Patch-Now-Released-for-PC-Byteshield

If so and you're still struggling - I reckon you should try to speak to Customer Services - they should be able to see you right. You can register your details for them to contact you here:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I have checked out that thread, in fact it's already purple before I click on it.

Sega, I'm registered and they told me to check out the forum and to contact Byteshield.

I'm just hoping someone has had the same specific problem as I have and have found a way to fix it.

Cheers all the same.

The Customer Services staff at SEGA should be able to help with this- or contact Byteshield direct.

We all appreciate your frustration, Andrew, but please respect the forum rules and wtach your language when posting.- thanks.

Archived