A-league Asian champions league qualifying

I am thinking of going to manage in Australia on my current save in 2016 I had a good time there on FM10. I just can't remember how the qualifying worked for the Asian champions league, can anyone can tell me which teams go into continental competition? Is it as simple as the winners of the league and the major finals?

hmm I'm curious as to whether Wellington would go in the ACL should they ever have the chance, since they are from a different region

I think in-game they are regarded as Australian, although IRL the AFC has declared that they won't be able to qualify for the ACL.

Similar to Toronto in MLS I think with regards to the Concacaf CL.

I think in-game they are regarded as Australian, although IRL the AFC has declared that they won't be able to qualify for the ACL.

Similar to Toronto in MLS I think with regards to the Concacaf CL.

Slightly wrong. this is the last season Wellington Phoenix can qualify for the ACL. From next season on there are conditions that must be met for the to be able to participate in the ACL

In a letter to FFA, the AFC said from 2012, if Wellington Phoenix FC participate in the A-League under the same conditions (as they are doing now), FFA would fail to meet the criteria and will lose the right to participate in the ACL 2012.

Furthermore, the AFC said the FFA can continue to participate in the ACL from 2012 under the following conditions.

* Wellington Phoenix FC should be officially registered as a commercial entity in Australia under local law.

* To comply with the provisions of the Regulations, the number of foreign players (non-Australian) in Wellington Phoenix FC should be the same as in other clubs participating in the A-League. In case Wellington Phoenix qualifiy for the ACL, the 3+1 system should be implemented by the club according to the ACL Regulations.

* Otherwise, Wellington Phoenix FC should belong to the second division of the A-League, which should be newly created by the FFA.

So under the new laws, Wellington could only have 4 non australians in their squad with the remaining quota filled by Australian players. that can only be bad for New Zealand soccer/football

Archived