Youngster reserves refusing to go on loan?

Not really sure how it works in real life but find it strange that the youngsters telling me they rejected the move on loan that I sanctioned.

Does this happen in real life? Was under the impression that the youngsters had no choice but listen.

This is quite frustrating as I have a fairly talented youngster goalie (potential 4 star) but he's just not getting any game time in my Man Utd squad.

Hull (Championship) came in with a loan offer for valuable first team member and I thought, yeah, he needs some game time.

My little goalie think he knows better and he's too posh to move.

Tempted to transfer list that little b**** but then I remembered he's 4 star potential :D

From my experience in Spain, when a youngster has his squad status set to "backup" he will most likely refuse to go out on loan. However if you change his status to hot prospect he accepts loan move.

Still, I think you should be able to talk to a player and explain to him why do you want him to move on loan and try to convince him to agree the move. I'd love to see something like this in future versions.

From my experience in Spain, when a youngster has his squad status set to "backup" he will most likely refuse to go out on loan. However if you change his status to hot prospect he accepts loan move.

Still, I think you should be able to talk to a player and explain to him why do you want him to move on loan and try to convince him to agree the move. I'd love to see something like this in future versions.

That happens because sometimes, when you lower a player's squad status, you are forcibly lowering the player's reputation.

Once a youngster's reputation gets to a certain point, he will feel that he is too good to be loaned out and will likely reject all loan proposals.

Sometimes it can be very irritating and I think youngsters should always be more open to loans.

I have 2 17 year olds who were good enough to start in the premier league so I offered them out on loan and a host of top and middle level teams made loan bids. I accepted the ones from the middle level teams but my youngsters rejected all the loan bids. The thing that sucks about this is that when they do this, teams eventually stop making loan bids.

Archived