Excuse me i don,t wish to sound thick but.....................

AI = Artificial Intelligence = The game itself and how it controls non-player teams/players etc inc the match engine (ME)

FMRTE = FM Real Time Editor = A third party application which allows you to change/alter certain things within a save game.

AI is Artificial Intelligence. Basically the decision making processes of the computer controlled teams.

FMRTE is the FM real time editor. It can be used to edit things in your game (as opposed the the normal editor which can only edit data before a game is started)

Cheers. I,ve got the AI bit.

So FMTRE does what. Does it make the game better or easier or perhaps more playable, not that it isn,t good or playable now. Perhaps the word i am looking for is, does it "enhance" the FM experience.

I've never used it so don't know if it has any limits but examples of things I expect it can alter would be:

A) Players' skill level/attributes

B) Players' personality

C) Which club a staff member or player is at

D) How much they are earning & the length of their contract

E) The size of a club's stadium

F) How much money a club has

You can alter player contracts, bonuses, stats etc. You can increase your stadium capacity, give yourself extra money, change staff attributes, clear injuries, increase player morale, increase player conditioning etc etc.

It can make the game easier (depending on what you use it for!) but it allows you to change a lot of the ingame data.

Got a feeling i may be opening a big can of worm here. But. Is it making the game how it is not supposed to be played. I like to play the game on its own merits and try and keep it as real as possible, although i am very much in the each to their own camp.

Then dont down load FMRTE.

Its mainly used by people who enjoy cheating, or by people who enjoy tinkering with the game.

I think you are right. Its not for me. I just wondered if i was missing out on something to make the game even better.

it all depends on how you enjoy playing the game, i have saves where ill used FMRTE and saves where i dont. I like seeing world class youngsters coming through and on the games i let myself use it i usualy bump up PA on good young players, even if they are not at my team.

You can alter player contracts, bonuses, stats etc. You can increase your stadium capacity, give yourself extra money, change staff attributes, clear injuries, increase player morale, increase player conditioning etc etc.

Who uses this?. What a load of BS. Basically, its just cheating.

I find the notion that "someone who uses FMRTE is a cheater" to be both confrontational and untrue.

Personally I've not used FMRTE because I know my temptations would be to make the game just slightly easier for myself, BUT in the CS&E forums there are a number of very interesting experiments and sign-up games that would be impossible to undertake without access to tools like FMRTE.

Genie Scout is another tool that fits into this category, as although it doesn't let you change anything in game it does let you find all the best players the moment they're created. Again the argument could be put forward that it's a toold for "cheating", but quite a few years someone (I forget his name, sorry) has been using Genie to run experiments on the intake of youth players. I believe the save he ran for FM10 had run for over 300 years worth of analysis. He tracks things like distribution of nationalities coming up through youth teams and the distribution of world class players. Without Genie Scout, this project would not be even remotely possible, and for people that like stats the thread makes a really interesting read.

If its used for them purposes then of course its useful. But how many people from these forums would download that program for that particular use?. If you use any sort of program to adjust budgets, clear player injuries, find out the best players as soon as they are created etc then what is the point playing the game. Sorry if Im being "confrontational".

Who uses this?. What a load of BS. Basically, its just cheating.

Calm down mate - I did not say it wasn't cheating. i was saying what you can do with it.

There are people who use this for legitimate uses that I would not consider cheating. An example would be if you needed to use it to do your own transfer window update or if the researchers got some piece of information wrong. A real life example now would be the Roy Hodgson sacking (erm mutual termination!).

It is cheating in some peoples eyes but not in others so I would never knock anyone for using it.

I use it solely for player bonuses as I truly believe that they do not reflect real life ( I have no proof - but this is my decision).

this point was made in another thread, but ill throw it in here, is using FMRTE any worse than reading threads on here telling you about the best players, formations, tactics or good young players in the game to begin with?

I use it, not for scouting players but for changing little things in the game i dont agree with.

is using FMRTE any worse than reading threads on here telling you about the best players, formations, tactics or good young players in the game to begin with?

That is indeed a very good point. I think the only real difference is the fact that FMRTE not only lets you change things in game to give yourself a headstart (if you so desire) but also gives you access to all of the hidden statistics of the game. They're hidden for a reason :p

I still stand on the view that it is a useful tool for the few that make good use of it, and for everyone else it's a bit like having a game genie for one of the old cartridge-consoles :p

Any examples?

stats i dont agree with for players, contract bonuses, i also like to find really good young players with obvious missing stats and bump them up as long as they are not in my team. I dont use it for scounting players or anything i would find the game a bit boring if i did that. I've also used it to bring the condition of a stadium down to encourage the board to upgrade it.

Archived