transfer offers

hi there.

first of all i have to say that i realy like this game. but one thing is really annoying. i don´t get any offers above the value of a player.

i also have no problems to keep my squad together because theres never an offer which makes me think about selling a player. theres even no offer that makes my board accepting an offer without asking me. i miss that.

just wanted to ask if this issue is known and will be fixed in 11.3?

The players value is simply an estimate based on his wages & contract length. Depending on those figures "your" value of that player might be more or less than that estimate.

You also have the option of setting your own asking price for a player or leaving it as "unspecified"

In terms of offers why would a club start a negotiation at more than the value/asking price unless they are really desperate for the player - They can negotiate the price up but if they start high they can't negotiate down.

In terms of number of offers it will depend on how many leagues you are running to start with (More leagues = more activity) while in general the economy is fairly poor atm with many clubs struggling financially and therefore can't afford transfer fees as easily as in the past.

first of all i play with nearly every available european league.....ca. 70.000 players.

i know that i can set my own asking price for players but if that price is much above the market value there is NEVER an offer.

i play with leverkusen and i have got a really good squad with excellent players. but i never got an offer above the shown value. in most cases the offer matches exactly the market value. for example i have a player which is 2,4 millions worth. suddenly i got 3 offers from different clubs. all these offers are exactly 2,4 miilions.

if a team really needs/wants a player i think they should pay more than the value. how already mentioned i really miss the feeling struggling with myself about selling a player and looking for a replacement or declining the offer. i never got an offer which made me sell a player which i wanted to stay at my club. i simply think theres not enough "life" in the transfersystem. in last years version i was gladly looking forward to the new season because there were always some tempting offers for my players. now nothing really happens.its kind of boring at the beginning of the season.

and i also think the other clubs should regard the role of a player in my team. for example if a player is declared as a "key player" i think it´s a bad joke to make an offer at market value

is there an official anouncement to change something in that direction?

Surely a club will always bid around the value, probably in the expectation you'll counter with a higher price or reject it? The first bid is just testing the waters.

On the contrary, I'm seven seasons in, took Worksop to L2 and then Shrewsbury from L2 to 9th in the Championship first season, get daily news items about various clubs being interested in my players, but have yet to receive a bid on any player unless I have offered them out.

However, I should add the bit that is silly is that whenever you get a news item stating interest in a player, it always says "willing to meet the asking price, thought to be $XXX" and that is always the player's value, whether he's a reserve or a key player. Surely the media can be a bit more creative when speculating.

Archived