What makes a player sign for a club

What makes a player sign for a club?

In the game it mainly has to do with current reputation but in real life there are many reasons

in order of importance as I see it

1. Money is the most important in todays football in the game i don't think it has enough of a pull

2. The league your team is in this is far more important than your teams rep (just think of players that have left "big" teams in the championship to play in the premiership for "small" sides

3. The combination of whos at the club already ie manager rep, players ability and players potential.

4. A clubs reputation. ie man city don't have a big reputation in the traditional sense but have all the above so can atrract big signings. Recent form would come into to this heading too.

5 players preference. I think only when the above are virtually equal or a player is at a late stage to his career does this normally effect most players choices

I think if the game moved towards this kind of method you would remove a lot of the bizaar manager and player transfers from the game.

I'm not sure I agree with your order while in real life I'm sure there is far more for a player to consider than what you have listed.

What if he has family? wife? children? Does he want to move home? What about the area a club is in? What country the club is in (Language issues for both himself & his family)? What other facilities are there in the area (Schools etc)?

In this respect its hard for a game like FM to simulate everything that a player would consider.

I didn't really mean it to be a definitive list, and I would except SI to model families and whether their is an Ikea store down the road.

But the game most move away from a club reputation led transfer system.

Training facilities are often quoted in game as being a major reason for signing for a club in game another thing that has to go.

Archived