Blue Square North/South to Premiership Glory

As Alex linked, Dafuge's Challenge is one of the harder ways to do it :p I've been reading that thread, but haven't taken part because the team I support (Dartford) are in the BSS from the start. I've played five seasons, currently in December of the sixth season, and am 9th in League One, though I could sneak into the playoff places if I win my games in hand. It's fairly difficult, as money is very tight, and good players don't want to join. Fun though :D

Also with st albans city I'm 4th in the championship but struggling now after my mammoth FA cup run involving replays against Man City, Chelsea (won both on penalties) before finally going out against Arsenal on a replay. I was hoping for some fa cup FM11 magic as it's 3rd round day today but my magic ran out in the 5th round. Hopefully it won't affect my league form too much but my players are nackered so may have to wait til next season so challenge for automatic.

yep i have a list of players if ur interested

I would love to see that list of players, if you would be so kind?

I just started with a save to bring my hometown team KA in Akureyri, Iceland to champions league glory and see how far I can take the dynamic league reputation :)

They start in the Icelandic first division (2nd highest league) with a whopping 750 pound wage budget and 4.000 pound transfer budget. My highest waged player is earning 130 pounds a week ! (most of them earn 15 pounds max) :p

Not as many divisions to move up as the Blue Square N/S but it's gonna be hard because of the reputation and money problems. Don't get a lot of money for winning the division but it's a fun challenge :)

I just started with a save to bring my hometown team KA in Akureyri, Iceland to champions league glory and see how far I can take the dynamic league reputation :)

They start in the Icelandic first division (2nd highest league) with a whopping 750 pound wage budget and 4.000 pound transfer budget. My highest waged player is earning 130 pounds a week ! (most of them earn 15 pounds max) :p

Not as many divisions to move up as the Blue Square N/S but it's gonna be hard because of the reputation and money problems. Don't get a lot of money for winning the division but it's a fun challenge :)

Wow that really does sound like a challenge. I think with doing things in the English league means that once you're in the prem champions league is a realistic aim, even in the best Icelandic league champions league glory is a huge challenge. Wish you the best of luck, hope you get there in the end!

I had a tough job taking Woking out of the BSS in my first season due to extremely complacent players, but the BSP by contrast seems to be going by fairly smoothly thus far. Problem is I don't want to go up to League 2 until I've given myself a bit more strength in depth, built up my facilities, improved my attendances and sorted out all my backroom staff. Otherwise I won't have the structure or the financial clout to survive.

IF you win the champs league with a iceland team in the future that would be some achievement!! good luck

ive started has alfreton town all the way down in the blue sqaure north. its quite hard atm

May I introduce you to Gundo's European Adventure :D

Basically, if you have a small club to big club idea, then most likely there will be an ongoing thread for that challenge in the CS&E forums :p

I would love to see that list of players, if you would be so kind?

Im going do something like that for my next save

Get yourself RTC database update and go all the way down to Level 11 of the pyramid. I've started as my home team Market Drayton Town. No download tactics, only using scouting for players and job adverts for staff. Man it's tough. £0 transfer fund, £1300 wage budget. Just finished 2nd on my first season, only 1 team goes up in this league!

how did people from the BS leagues manage to get out of league 1? as barnet i've yoyoed between league 1 and 2. finding this fm much harder than previous fms

I managed to pick up a striker who was too good for League 1, broke the bank to sign him up on a one year deal and then he left on a free to Kobenhavn. He did though bang in 30 odd goals in the league and got us promoted. Also had a lot of luck with no injuries to key players while my rivals had injury trouble.

In the process of taking Horsham all the way. Taken them from Rymans League to League one in five seasons, and finally found a challenge in League One. Hope to spend at least twelve seasons taking them all the way to the Prem, after which I imagine four or five seasons should be enough to win it. Am playing a very tight 4-1-2-1-2 with no wingers and some sexy regens upfront.

One thing that really bugs me with playing with small teams though: New stadiums. My old stadium, which had the lovely name "Gorings Mead" only took 1000 spectators, and so the board decided to buy me an allseater stadium with 10000 seats. All fine and dandy, off course, except that when the stadium was completed, the seats were... Black! WTF??? Horsham play in yellow and green, I was expecting lovely bright green seats, and ended up with depressing black ones. Why? I also noticed that the same thing had happened to Southends new stadium, when it clearly should have been dark blue. This can't possibly be hard to fix, so how about you get on it for the next patch, eh? Also, Horsham Stadium is a really, really boring name. Why not something a little bit more fancy? The New Mead, Belle Arena(thats me, and I ****ing well deserve it), or at least something a little more inspiring.

One thing that really bugs me with playing with small teams though: New stadiums. My old stadium, which had the lovely name "Gorings Mead" only took 1000 spectators, and so the board decided to buy me an allseater stadium with 10000 seats. All fine and dandy, off course, except that when the stadium was completed, the seats were... Black! WTF??? Horsham play in yellow and green, I was expecting lovely bright green seats, and ended up with depressing black ones. Why? I also noticed that the same thing had happened to Southends new stadium, when it clearly should have been dark blue. This can't possibly be hard to fix, so how about you get on it for the next patch, eh? Also, Horsham Stadium is a really, really boring name. Why not something a little bit more fancy? The New Mead, Belle Arena(thats me, and I ****ing well deserve it), or at least something a little more inspiring.

Least you've got a new stadium mate. I can't persuade the St Albans City board to do anything at all with the stadium despite being on the verge of promotion to the prem. Stadium holds 6000 (1000 seated) and its really holding us back.

Do you have any money? I had 600000 from a Cup game against West Ham and sold Cristian Tiboni for the same amount... Also, the old stadium was a 1000-capacity local council owned shithouse, so there was probably no alternative... Am six million in debt now, but it's not a problem with a 9000pw wage bill...

By the way, League One turned out to not be a challenge after all. Am on a ten match unbeaten run, top of the table. Am I just brilliant, or is the game too easy??

Do you have any money? I had 600000 from a Cup game against West Ham and sold Cristian Tiboni for the same amount... Also, the old stadium was a 1000-capacity local council owned shithouse, so there was probably no alternative... Am six million in debt now, but it's not a problem with a 9000pw wage bill...

By the way, League One turned out to not be a challenge after all. Am on a ten match unbeaten run, top of the table. Am I just brilliant, or is the game too easy??

Just when you think it's easy you'll get your ass kicked. Especially in league 1 :/

Im finding managing smaller clubs much harder in FM11 than in previous incarnations.

It's far more realistic, however, it is far more frustrating too.

Im Luton Manager (Start in the BSP which is easy to win with Luton) and we are just below mid table in the Championship after 6 years with me at the helm.

We are skint and about 1mil in debt. The health and safety bods shut sections of the ground 500 seats at a time and so far, the whole east stand is shut and most of the west stand.

I can't get the board to seek investment or make an investment which we badly need.

I have not bought one player in 6 years cos I've had no transfer funds and all my loans have been fee free.

I sold one player for 14k and the board sold my GK for 120k against my wishes in season 3 ;(

Each year I sign the best freebies I can but I lose most of my targets because I cant get them to sign for the money I'm offering.

Players sit unemployed for 2 years and when I finnally have the rep/wages to sign them, all of a sudden half the bleeding clubs in the country wants to sign them too.

Each year the board have upped their expectations and have given me less wage pool than we currently spend.

I have to let players go on free's (Cant sell anyone once they are listed) to lower the wage bill.

I was offered 400k for my young star CB in League 2 which I refused and now Im in the championship I cant give him a way, despite the fact that he is a far better player now and still only 22.

I've been unable to give new contracts because I have no wage fund left and have lost at least two quality players because of that.... Offcourse the board and the fans are extremely upset with me over that.

Im currently spending 100k per week on wages when Im only allowed to spend 80k. (I think the board will prolly sack me b4 the seasons out if I dont fix the wage bill somehow).

I get the wage budget down, then I offer contracts to all my targets on the same day...... That way, I can sign them all if they wanna come.

The board always wait till 3 months before my contract ends before they offer me a new 2 year deal. Im currently on 1.2k a week.

The only bright spot is that Ive just signed Levan Kenia on a free at 8.7k a week, the max wage allowed and I was shocked I got him.

I started out with Luton... Took me five years and I was third in the Premiership. More or less the same tactic as I'm using with Horsham. Top of the league after playing half the season in League One, am seriously considering loosing some games on purpose in order to get at least one more year in L1.

I have a long term game going with Nuneaton Town. It's taken me 7 seasons to get them into the Championship. League 1 was the league which held me back like many others. I'm currently sitting in 13th place in the league. We're making some massive losses financially though thanks to us being refused planning permission for a new stadium on various occasions.

I've managed to get Dover Ath to the Prem for the 2016/17 season. But I doubt I would have got there so quick if I didnt have a Turkish businessman take over the club at end of 20012/13 season. I've won the League Cup back-to-back in 2017 and 2018. Also in 2017 I got to semi of Europa League. I'm currently top of Prem by 1 point and top on G.D. in Champs League over Inter and Bayern, whom both are on same 7 points after 4 games.

doverleague.jpg

I started out with Luton... Took me five years and I was third in the Premiership. More or less the same tactic as I'm using with Horsham. Top of the league after playing half the season in League One, am seriously considering loosing some games on purpose in order to get at least one more year in L1.

It's taken me six years to get them to be a struggling championship side.

Ive sighned the best freebies available (At my wages) and in 6 seasons the board have given me 0 transfer funds.

I sign at least 4 long term quality loanees each season and a few 3 monthers.

Half my ground is shut by health and safety.

We train on the local park .... Just left of the swings.

Tactics ain't worth a dogs poo if you don't have the funds to buy the players to play that tactic.

I dont use a third party programme ;)

Im finding managing smaller clubs much harder in FM11 than in previous incarnations.

It's far more realistic, however, it is far more frustrating too.

Im Luton Manager (Start in the BSP which is easy to win with Luton) and we are just below mid table in the Championship after 6 years with me at the helm.

We are skint and about 1mil in debt. The health and safety bods shut sections of the ground 500 seats at a time and so far, the whole east stand is shut and most of the west stand.

I can't get the board to seek investment or make an investment which we badly need.

I have not bought one player in 6 years cos I've had no transfer funds and all my loans have been fee free.

I sold one player for 14k and the board sold my GK for 120k against my wishes in season 3 ;(

Each year I sign the best freebies I can but I lose most of my targets because I cant get them to sign for the money I'm offering.

Players sit unemployed for 2 years and when I finnally have the rep/wages to sign them, all of a sudden half the bleeding clubs in the country wants to sign them too.

Each year the board have upped their expectations and have given me less wage pool than we currently spend.

I have to let players go on free's (Cant sell anyone once they are listed) to lower the wage bill.

I was offered 400k for my young star CB in League 2 which I refused and now Im in the championship I cant give him a way, despite the fact that he is a far better player now and still only 22.

I've been unable to give new contracts because I have no wage fund left and have lost at least two quality players because of that.... Offcourse the board and the fans are extremely upset with me over that.

Im currently spending 100k per week on wages when Im only allowed to spend 80k. (I think the board will prolly sack me b4 the seasons out if I dont fix the wage bill somehow).

I get the wage budget down, then I offer contracts to all my targets on the same day...... That way, I can sign them all if they wanna come.

The board always wait till 3 months before my contract ends before they offer me a new 2 year deal. Im currently on 1.2k a week.

The only bright spot is that Ive just signed Levan Kenia on a free at 8.7k a week, the max wage allowed and I was shocked I got him.

You're probably in debt cause the wage budget is over the top for a newly promoted Championship club. Scale back your salaries, get in young promising players rather than reputable ones. My highest wage was 5.5k a week until I reached the Prem with Wimbledon, by which time I have a healthy bank balance and the board allowed me a £18m war chest to survive.

I'm a massive Telford fan so I play with Telford every year. It's really satisfying to take them to the top. Did so in FM2010, took them to winning everything, like every possible cup to win in 5 consecutive seasons. Then I got FM2011. Started, got them to league two, then fried my motherboard and lost everything. So now, I've tried something different. But I'd highly recommend doing this, or dafuge's challenge as it is the most rewarding satisfaction I have got from this game.

Archived