I often don't assign my scouts any jobs, partly because i'm not very good at training up youth players and partly because it seems quite boring and long trying to find places for your scouts to go to where they may find useful or good players. However, for FM11 I have decided that I am going to make an effort in terms of using my scouts for my benefit instead of just signing them and letting them do nothing.

One thing that has always got me in terms of the scouts is that you can send two to one country which in my opinion is a good idea as trying to scout England for example for young players and more senior players would just be to hard and you wouldn't get the best out of that one particular scout. This gave me an idea, although there maybe a reason as to why SI have not been able to implement it or it has probably been discussed but I couldn't find anything.

Here it is anyway: I have two scouts who I want to send looking for players in England. One that will look for senior members and one that seems better at looking for younger players, in terms of the players potential. The thing is though on the scouting screen if I look, they both say England which if anyone is like me, they can get confused as to what job you have given to what scout. I was thinking maybe if you do send two scouts to the same country and one looks for youth it will show. Maybe something like Scout-England(Person Age:15-21) and it would be like that for the other scout who is searching for more senior players.

Sorry for the long explanation and idea but what do people think of it? I know i'm probably not the first to mention it though.

Archived