3 things i'd like fixed in 'a' patch....sometime.

1- Manager merry go round silliness. No, not manager's getting sacked, but nonsense like Mancini, who's City team are in 3rd chasing a title, resigns to take up with mid table obscurity at Liverpool, for HALF THE WAGES HE IS ON. Just.....no. And then City giving the job to Avram Grant. And other such annoying instances.

2- Less super keeper, and i mean for my own keeper, not the AI. Or atleast, somehow, make it harder to score goals in the top divisions, so that we don't rely upon superkeeper, AI or otherwise.

3- More goal threat from the AI team. Even average teams will pose some sort of threat from time to time, regardless of outcome of result.

If these things are improved i'd die happily i think. Of course this may not warrant it's own thread but i need to get it off my chest so to speak.

1- Manager merry go round silliness. No, not manager's getting sacked, but nonsense like Mancini, who's City team are in 3rd chasing a title, resigns to take up with mid table obscurity at Liverpool, for HALF THE WAGES HE IS ON. Just.....no. And then City giving the job to Avram Grant. And other such annoying instances.

If it's happening then it is a problem, but potentially very hard to fix, especially if reputation is one of the major deciding factors.

2- Less super keeper, and i mean for my own keeper, not the AI. Or atleast, somehow, make it harder to score goals in the top divisions, so that we don't rely upon superkeeper, AI or otherwise.

Not this red herring again. Every time it's been brought up (bar one where the problem was actually CCCs) it's been disproven. Moving on.

3- More goal threat from the AI team. Even average teams will pose some sort of threat from time to time, regardless of outcome of result.

Congratulations you've discovered a strong defensive tactic. For me this one is not a problem, if I start small I leak goals, if I start big my back four do their job most of the time.

If these things are improved i'd die happily i think. Of course this may not warrant it's own thread but i need to get it off my chest so to speak.

Can we add coaches to this as well please

Getting sick of having to offer everyone of my coaches new contracts every 6 months to prevent them leaving

Teams are too keen to hire managers/coaches from other clubs, when in reality, it's a hell of alot rarer, and even then it usually can be seen as a promotion (manager going to a club doing much better than their current one, or a coach being offer an assistant or manager position)

For me its.

1) The MLS

2)The Board approves increase of coaches but it won't increase bug.

3)The Offsides where a player somehow puts himself offside. He's onside catching a pass bumps it forward off his chest/head/leg. Runs past the defenders and when he regains the ball he is called offside.

If it's happening then it is a problem, but potentially very hard to fix, especially if reputation is one of the major deciding factors.

I understand it may be hard to fix, but if it is based on reputation, why not make reputation more dynamic? Why is mancini leaving his title chasing city side, who are in the quarter finals of the champions league, to take a 50% wage cut at a liverpool side wallowing in 14th, out of europe and rubbish players? Mancini has won serie a titles. And then, why does avram grant get the job at City? Just two examples out of countless other ones, such as wenger leaving to go to sevilla.

Not this red herring again. Every time it's been brought up (bar one where the problem was actually CCCs) it's been disproven. Moving on.

I don't know, i just feel that my keeper makes too many world class saves per match, and also that i don't get enough ccc's scored against my team.

Congratulations you've discovered a strong defensive tactic. For me this one is not a problem, if I start small I leak goals, if I start big my back four do their job most of the time.

I don't think so. I'm not defensivley inclined, infact i barely touch my defense except for set pieces, and they are good players, but what i actually mean is that the AI does not seem to attack enough, or pose an attacking threat enough.

If they ever get around to fixing defending, then less clear chances will be created. Right now the majority are caused by THE SAME FREAKING ISSUES that have been in since the 3D was introduced (defenders running away from the ball, making a little movement the wrong way before turning and chasing, running on the spot etc).

In my Man Utd save, Liverpool finally fired Hodgson in 2012.

Guess who became the manager? Mancini.. the Mancini from Man City who is currently top of the EPL (yes yes, it pains me to see).

Liverpool is 12th...

To make things funnier, guess who became the Man City manager?

Hodgson.

I almost mimic your manager merry-go-round perfect except West Ham fired Grant a week too late.

Yeah...being from Vancouver, I was excited to finally play my home club this year as they join MLS. Now I'm told I have to wait another year, even though they're playing this season. MLS has tons of problems. Hopefully they get them fixed and then add the NASL, which is also starting this year.

I am still waiting for them to fix contract issues properly. Recently accept new contract for 5 years with increase pay, after sign contract... noticed only contract length increases but not the pay...

If they ever get around to fixing defending, then less clear chances will be created. Right now the majority are caused by THE SAME FREAKING ISSUES that have been in since the 3D was introduced (defenders running away from the ball, making a little movement the wrong way before turning and chasing, running on the spot etc).

I can't quite tell, but if you're blaming the 3D, it's only a visualization. The ME doesn't work with that.

I can't quite tell, but if you're blaming the 3D, it's only a visualization. The ME doesn't work with that.

Well given the same visualisation issues have been plaguing the game for three versions now, would you not think it's an issue? After all, that's what we see when we play a game.

I want the Club Board Request Status's to be fixed, it gets stuck all the time and its an annoying bug. I should be in my new stadium by now but got to wait another 3 seasons before the planning is over, originally it was only taking 1 season

I agree.

Another example is Wenger leaving Arsenal to join Sevilla. The man is Arsenal's legend, is in charge of his favorite club, 3rd in league, yet he just decides to quit and join Sevilla - a club at the bottom of Spanish league, for NOT EVEN A HALF of the wage he was paid in Arsenal. Nonsense! Such things really ruin the game for me.

In reality, when a club sacks manager mid-season, they are most likely to offer the job to a manager who is available for free (not under contract in other club). In FM, unfortunately, the job goes simply to the manager with highest reputation - even if that manager is (very) happy at his current club (e.g. Mancini often moves to Chelsea directly from MC during a season - I doubt this could happen in real). Managerial appointments in FM are very disappointing and still need a lot of tweaking from SI.

1- Manager merry go round silliness. No, not manager's getting sacked, but nonsense like Mancini, who's City team are in 3rd chasing a title, resigns to take up with mid table obscurity at Liverpool, for HALF THE WAGES HE IS ON. Just.....no. And then City giving the job to Avram Grant. And other such annoying instances..

That for me, is actually a bug. In previous versions good coaches would be avialable, but would never get a new job. EG - you would take over as manager of arsenal or man united at the begining of the game, but wenger or ferguson would never get a new job (perhaps ferguson would actually retire, but he doesnt even do that!)

I think in this version they got it a little bit too far the other way.

the other two things you posted arent bugs.

Can we add coaches to this as well please

Getting sick of having to offer everyone of my coaches new contracts every 6 months to prevent them leaving

Teams are too keen to hire managers/coaches from other clubs, when in reality, it's a hell of alot rarer, and even then it usually can be seen as a promotion (manager going to a club doing much better than their current one, or a coach being offer an assistant or manager position)

Yes - totally agree - very few coaches actually break their contracts and move between clubs in real life - and I cant imagine any board letting a manager sign 12 million worth of coaches in their first season, like I did.

I should be in my new stadium by now but got to wait another 3 seasons before the planning is over, originally it was only taking 1 season

Sheva spent AGES complaining about this - but it simply is not a bug, its just mirroring real life. The FA should be complaining because not only was wembly delayed in the planning stages, but it was delayed in the build stage as well. There is no bug here.

fixing free kicks has to be a priority.

Might need to give a bit more info here - what about them?

Some of these issues have been in the game for a very long time (I'm taking at least 5 or more years) and my hopes of them getting sorted have all but disappeared now

As for the defenders running off attackers in goals...

I can guarantee it's a match engine thing that isn't tied to the 3D and it existed long before the 3D as well

Just with the 3D coming into play it's now more obvious (I used too notice it in 2D as well prior to 3D)

I agree.

Another example is Wenger leaving Arsenal to join Sevilla. The man is Arsenal's legend, is in charge of his favorite club, 3rd in league, yet he just decides to quit and join Sevilla - a club at the bottom of Spanish league, for NOT EVEN A HALF of the wage he was paid in Arsenal. Nonsense! Such things really ruin the game for me.

This happened too! In fact, I missed the news item of him leaving and got quite a shock when I saw Arsenal has hired the guy from Sevilla....

Archived