Set-piece problems

I seem to be having an issue with freekicks. I understand that when selecting players to take freekicks, you should choose someone with good shooting ability as any freekick given in shooting range will be taken as a shot on goal. I therefore select a couple of players who have a decent shooting rating to take these freekicks. However, when I watch the 2D highlights, I so often see a player not selected as one of the freekick takers taking a shot on goal. The last game I played, I had a central defender taking the freekick and when the referee ordered a re-take, another central defender had a go as well.

Is this an issue people or experiencing or am I doing something wrong?

• SI Staff

The freekick taker is generally the person you select in tactics if its expected to be a shooting position, if its not a 'shot chance' then anyone will generally take it - sometimes they might shoot but only usually for 'shock' purposes ...

The exception for this is if someone takes a 'fast' freekick in order to try and catch a team unawares.

(I will double check all of this is working correctly tomorrow though)

The freekick taker is generally the person you select in tactics if its expected to be a shooting position, if its not a 'shot chance' then anyone will generally take it - sometimes they might shoot but only usually for 'shock' purposes ...

The exception for this is if someone takes a 'fast' freekick in order to try and catch a team unawares.

(I will double check all of this is working correctly tomorrow though)

Thanks for checking. I've noticed something similar with corners as well by the way.

• SI Staff
Thanks for checking. I've noticed something similar with corners as well by the way.

No worries - all part of the service ;)

Just to warn you though; I've just been asked to play Paintball for the first time ever tomorrow (with one of my eldest sons friends and his dad) - so probably won't get a chance to do this until sunday now ... sorry.

No worries - all part of the service ;)

Just to warn you though; I've just been asked to play Paintball for the first time ever tomorrow (with one of my eldest sons friends and his dad) - so probably won't get a chance to do this until sunday now ... sorry.

No worries :thup:

I've never done paintball myself but know plenty of people that have. They've all come back with plenty of bruises - some nasty ones as well! :eek:

• SI Staff
No worries :thup:

I've never done paintball myself but know plenty of people that have. They've all come back with plenty of bruises - some nasty ones as well! :eek:

Its definitely true about the bruises - probably not helped by the fact that I played half the day wearing just a T-Shirt up top (I'm in Florida it was darned hot) .... great fun though even if I'm feeling battered and bruised today ;)

I've looked at this quickly this evening in my Brighton game (was out with my wife picking up a dresser we won on ebay this afternoon) and haven't seen anything conclusive yet; will try again tomorrow with a new game/team and see what crops up.

Its definitely true about the bruises - probably not helped by the fact that I played half the day wearing just a T-Shirt up top (I'm in Florida it was darned hot) .... great fun though even if I'm feeling battered and bruised today ;)

I've looked at this quickly this evening in my Brighton game (was out with my wife picking up a dresser we won on ebay this afternoon) and haven't seen anything conclusive yet; will try again tomorrow with a new game/team and see what crops up.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Paintballing in sunny Florida, whilst the rest of us are in grey, cold, damp miserble UK. I hope it hurt! ;)

• SI Staff
Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Paintballing in sunny Florida, whilst the rest of us are in grey, cold, damp miserble UK. I hope it hurt! ;)

It didn't ... ached a bit yesterday though ;)

PS - You lot had snow, I'd have loved some of that .... I miss having 'proper' seasons.

Archived