This game is scary sometimes

Actually this deal was in place for a while in RL. Plus sometimes they make the player have a preferred club (IE Spurs) and the manager like a player (IE Bongani Khumalo). On another note, he is a useless signing. Woodgate/King (lets count them as one DC together), Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Bassong. Thats 5 or 6 DCs Spurs have. Not to mention Corluka or Walker who can play there as well as other quality youth. Gallas might leave at the end of the season, Woodgate maybe. King will never leave. They still would have too many DCs.

I definitely remember them arranging this following the World Cup...I don't think FM would be able to be this realistic, I'm afraid.

It was already coded for the patch or game mate. The Spurs researcher would have knew this transfer was going to happen when it was announced and told SI, who would have knew anyway most probably and they have implemented it in to the game :thup:.

I have had cases where players have transferred to clubs in FM and then also in real life, but not during the same transfer window. Even the transfer rumors in FM are interesting, because a lot of times they mirror players the club is linked with in real news. Too bad your little discovery was coded in; it's always nice finding parallels.

Archived