players not getting work permits

hi,

i tried to sign a couple of youngsters, a nigerian and a brazillian and both the moves got cancelled due to them not getting a work permit.

on fm 10 it was possible to sign the player but not have him available to play till he got a work permit.

you could then either send him out on loan for a couple of seasons to get his second nationality or just wait for his rep to go up then offer him a new contract.

is this not possible anymore or do you have to have a foreign feeder club in order for you to send them out to as i dont have one of those?

any help appreciated

cheers :D

Exactly - ask for a club affiliation where the club is in poland or belguim

If he doesn't have any feeder clubs yet then he wont be able to ask for a specific club for a while yet. At first you only get offered local clubs.

I was shocked whilst still in the BSP when presented the option to seek an overseas feeder club. The board "couldn't find anyone suitable" though, unfortunately and I haven't had the option available to request again since.

If he doesn't have any feeder clubs yet then he wont be able to ask for a specific club for a while yet. At first you only get offered local clubs.

yes for work permit related issues, its the only clubs you get offered early on

I've just missed out on getting a 20year old Brazilian player on loan from English premier league club Arsenal for my English league 1 team because of a work permit. How come he can play for arsenal but not me?

I've just missed out on getting a 20year old Brazilian player on loan from English premier league club Arsenal for my English league 1 team because of a work permit. How come he can play for arsenal but not me?

Yeah that used to irritate me too...

Im Man City in my saved games & I think they already have a few feeder clubs, one of them is a Norwegian club i think. But when i fail a work permit for a player im trying to buy wot do i do in order to get that player? or do u have to give up & move on (which i may do)

I remember in FM10 you can sign a player who fails a work permit but obviously cant play him so you would then have to loan him out to gain a work permit which was pretty cool & i don't mind waiting 3-4 years to gain a nationality or whatever

You can't use Norwegian clubs as a feeder for this purpose as it takes too long to gain Norwegian nationality. You can use Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria or Spain (for players from certain S. American countries). I think maybe Netherlands as well but I can't remember for sure.

don't know how that will work getting a belgium feeder club it'll be difficult as when I request a feeder club & boardroom declined this. Anyone know any tricks on how to succesfully get a feeder club? Im Man City & we already have like 5 different feeder clubs lol?

because he has a work permit to play for Arsenal and not for you.

I don't know the ins and outs of British employment rules for foreign nationals so are work permits based on the size of the club that requests them rather than the country that the club are in? I understand the % caps in the last 2year rule but not what counts for signing younger players.

Plus as he would still be an Arsenal employee and just sub-contracted out, as an aid for making him a better player through experience, how come the permit that he was granted to work in England didn't cover it, I wouldn't have even been paying him anyway.

I don't know the ins and outs of British employment rules for foreign nationals so are work permits based on the size of the club that requests them rather than the country that the club are in? I understand the % caps in the last 2year rule but not what counts for signing younger players.

Plus as he would still be an Arsenal employee and just sub-contracted out, as an aid for making him a better player through experience, how come the permit that he was granted to work in England didn't cover it, I wouldn't have even been paying him anyway.

well i think how it works is he has been given a work permit to work at Arsenal, i dont think this is transferable to another club, however the club trying to loan can apply for short term work permit to allow them to employ this player.

Anytime a player is transferred or his contract altered (ie, contract extension), a new work permit has too be applied for

Re: Loans, since the "place of work" changes, I believe the work permit needs to be reapplied for again as the current one would only cover the current place of work

work permits boggles the mind

Tell me about it, I had one turned to down when extending the contract of a first teamer (he was for the national team too) then gets a work permit for Ath. Madrid where he played 3 games all season & dropped out of the national team. Then again, someone said above about the rules being different in Spain for certain South American nationalities (he was Chilean)

What team were you Johnny?

Bare in mind, this whole "Must in a national team, etc etc etc" is uniquely a UK thing (infact it's harder to get a work permit as a footballer, than say, a cleaner)

Every nation has completely different laws

In Denmark for example, you'll only get a work permit if the player is paid an X amount, regardless of ability, nation, etc

Not as far as I know

My knowledge comes from the real world, which of course will differ slightly ingame due to programming limitations

Quick overview

Due to EU employment laws, anybody with an passport from a EEA country or Switzerland are allowed to work within any other of those countries without applying for a Foreign Visa or Work Permit

Each country though differs though with how they handle work permits to everyone else

The UK is one of the few nations with rules directly governing work permits for footballers (most countries just use their normal employment laws)

A player is given a work permit if

a) They have played in their national sides first team for at least 60-75% of that countries last official matches

b) On appeal, if the player is believed to have good enough ability or potential to benefit the UK game overall, they may be granted a permit (this is done in FM by the player needing at least 140PA)

IRL (not implement into the game), a work permit can still be given if the player has been prevented from playing for their national team for some reason (eg. falling out with national manager), but is strongly believed that he would have played if not for that reason

In Spain, Latin Americans get work permits automatically (and can gain Spanish Passports 3 years quicker than other nations)

Other than that, I believe it's usually just showing the player has enough ability to play a role in your team

Besides the Latin America part, I couldn't say how the game handles the rest as I don't play in that league

Archived