paint can't read file!!!

hi,

i've just downloaded the bss kit pack but when i go to open it it says that paint cant read file and that its not the correct bitmap!!

i'm useless with computers so aint got a clue if there is a way to work it any help is much appreciated

thanks

yeh there in the kit folder, other than that i aint got the foggiest why they aint workin.

im openin the folder cus i want to see what they look like to be honest but then it comes up with some wizardry tripe that only a computer wizkid would know!!

what happens after that?

There should be instructions on what to do with it on the site where you downloaded them from. I'd suggest reading the site and also reading pages properly for instructions before downloading anything in the future. You will save yourself a lot of time and hassell :thup:

Your files are in a folder that are compressed, this makes them smaller and easier to transport over the internet (kinda like vacuum bags for storage and travel http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Space-Bags-Vacuum-Needed/dp/B00012FF9I)

When you downloaded the file - they were in a compressed format called "RAR" which stands for "Rochal Archive"

You need a program called WINRAR to extract the files (let air into the bag so you can access your things)

Once the files are extracted you should be able to place them in the correct folder.

What's happening at the moment is that you are accessing the files kinda like via a X-Ray machine, you can see inside your travel bag but you can't open that pencil case holder that you are bringing with you.

WINRAR will allow you to EXTRACT the contents of your bag (the computer folder) so that your computer system can read them.

it's a known fact that people who are usless with computers should never attempt to download anything that needed decent explanation on how to use it after downloading because no matter how well people explain things, the person who is useles with computers simply never understands.

Yes that is a known fact and I should know due to the field I am in at work

it's a known fact that people who are usless with computers should never attempt to download anything that needed decent explanation on how to use it after downloading because no matter how well people explain things, the person who is useles with computers simply never understands.

Let me guess... IT?

The OP squashes your theory though. He admitted he was useless with computers yet with a bit of help he figured it out.

The OP squashes your theory though. He admitted he was useless with computers yet with a bit of help he figured it out.

give it time dude, he'll post in here at some point in regards to the game stuffing up because of this download, not that im a hater or anything because i'm not

Archived