Ways to sign Javier Pastore first season

£32 million here over 2 years.

After his first 10 games I was begining to think it was the biggest waste of money ive ever spent, he was playing awfully, sulking, had 'doesnt look interrested' in every game I played him in.

Then suddenly hes gotten 4 goals in 3 games and set up 5 in the last 5... bit of a change!

Why over 2 years? Why not over 48 months?

That's how all my signings are done. From 100k to 60m deals. All over 48 months.

But you just steal money from the next years transfer budget, and the next year and the next year, so that way you arent actually helping yourself.

having said that pastore was my only player signed over 24 months simply because fabregas was playing like a complete idiot (hes the only player in my first 22 that doesnt average over 7 this season, or last for that matter) and I despirately needed someone to give him a kick in the butt.

for those that have signed him who would you say is better pastore or neymar?

Different types of player, unless neymar has changed from last year, I havent had him this year, went to barcelona in the first year and I cant compete with those wages...

for those that have signed him who would you say is better pastore or neymar?

I've had both. In the same team.

It takes both about 2 or 3 seasons of constant playing to get really good. But once they're there they are awesome.

I'd say they are just as good as each other, but Neymar is more versatile, left wing, amc or str.

Sign both if you want.

Neymar for 22m over 48 months

Pastore for 26.5 over 48 months.

It will be a dent in your transfer budget. Sell off some low rated players (Sort by assistant rating and cull the squad size)

that will free up some extra transfer money and ease the wage budget too.

That's cheating and not at all realistic.

Not necessarily - most deals do seem to be over a long period of time, or with trigger points for future fees - its why teams like portsmouth, crystal palace and others nearly went to the wall still owing money to other clubs.

its not cheating he is just manipulating the budget, i personally wouldn't do it as it makes things far too easy but its definitely not cheating.

Chances are if your a good enough club to afford to sign those two players then you are going to be pretty successful and therefore the money side of things wont really matter.

Really? Using the game facilities to sign players is cheating now?

I guess Blackburn are cheaters in REAL LIFE TOO????

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/05/2290705/blackburn-manager-steve-kean-accepts-that-ronaldinho-transfer-is-

Steve Kean has said that bringing Brazilian star Ronaldinho to Blackburn is unlikely to happen despite the club’s owners reportedly offering a deal worth around £20 million over three years to land the AC Milan playmaker.

It's not realistic though. You will be cheating yourself signing 100m worth of players on a 20m budget.

I usually do half up front, half over 12 months

Yea - but I wouldnt like to be that club in 3 years time, still paying for those players and not having had any new transfer budget (unless you sell someone) - you can only do this with the REALLY big clubs, hell Ive nearly bankrupted Arsenal and I havent even dont that, or reached my transfer budget or wage budget. Unless you are barcelona, real madrid, man city or possibly chelsea, you simply cannot afford to do this long term.

I've suggested before that the transfers of players is far too easy using the 48month method. I do campaign that it should addressed when it comes up in the forums, if anyone cares to do some research on my previous postings on the subject.

Not all clubs should accept your 48month offer, and should ask for some up front and some over x amount of months. They shouldn't blindly accept your offer.

Nor should your board condone every single offer that you make, especially with a lot of money over 48 months.

It's something that needs to be addressed and it's something that is definitely not cheating.

But if you want to sign PASTORE then this is a way to do it. It will take a small dent out of your transfer budget.

I spent 250m in my first transfer window with Man Utd. Bought a dream team. Didn't have to sign another player for about 10 seasons anyway! (Well just youth players but nothing significant).

If you want to sign a player make a bid for them - you'll get him.

Really? Using the game facilities to sign players is cheating now?

I guess Blackburn are cheaters in REAL LIFE TOO????

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/05/2290705/blackburn-manager-steve-kean-accepts-that-ronaldinho-transfer-is-

20M is for the player not the fee they would of paid, he only had 6 months left on his deal before milan let him go so there is no way blackburn would have paid that kind of money for him.

I still don think its cheating but it is exploiting the game to make things very easy.

Not all clubs should accept your 48month offer, and should ask for some up front and some over x amount of months. They shouldn't blindly accept your offer.

They dont.

when I tried to sign pastore I offered £32 million over 24 months, they refused. In the end I had to offer £10 upfront and then £22 over 24 months - same amount of money, but they got it quicker.

Well forget about Ronaldinho example. We all know it happens in real life. FFS saying it's cheating is so stupid.

Taking over any club in the game as their manager is CHEATING>>> You would never get that job in Real Life nor would you ever get those wages in REAL LIFE. You are all cheaters!!!!

*throws toys out of pram*

Well forget about Ronaldinho example. We all know it happens in real life. FFS saying it's cheating is so stupid.

Taking over any club in the game as their manager is CHEATING>>> You would never get that job in Real Life nor would you ever get those wages in REAL LIFE. You are all cheaters!!!!

*throws toys out of pram*

*Puts his toys back in his pram with a cannon*

I think the comment about cheating is wrong - 'cheating yourself' is more correct.

It is a rather exploitable way of doing it, and as I said, will bankrupt any club not in the worlds 5-10 richest.

For example as arsenal ive had a transfer budget of £30million (give or take) each season. If I had signed 4 players at 30 million each over 48 months, then I would have had no transfer budget over the last 4 seasons (maybe 2-3 million) and I would be in £2.5 million extra deficit each month. I would, infact, be bankrupt.

Such a waste of 20m out of your transfer budget!!!

You could have said 32m over 48 months and that would have taken 1.5m out of your budge, and 1.5m per month over 48 months.

Then you'd only have 1.5m gone from your transfer budget and you could have gone and signed many more players, like Neymar and Paulo Henrique.

I've offered them £20m straight up with £12.5m over the next 18 months, is that a good deal and how does the installments work, cuz I have never done it before? Thanks for the replies :)

You will lose about 23-26mil from this years transfer budget and then should (doesnt always happen) have the rest taken out of next years budget up front.

You will pay the club 20million all in one go and then pay them £690K every month for 18 months.

*Puts his toys back in his pram with a cannon*

I think the comment about cheating is wrong - 'cheating yourself' is more correct.

It is a rather exploitable way of doing it, and as I said, will bankrupt any club not in the worlds 5-10 richest.

For example as arsenal ive had a transfer budget of £30million (give or take) each season. If I had signed 4 players at 30 million each over 48 months, then I would have had no transfer budget over the last 4 seasons (maybe 2-3 million) and I would be in £2.5 million extra deficit each month. I would, infact, be bankrupt.

I've done this with teams like Palermo - Espanyol - etc. and never gone bankrupt. Not once.

You should do. You should be doing Leeds Enrons spending money like that.

The game is flawed in Transfers. Do I exploit it or cheat or even "cheat myself"? Of course not. If you dangled a bottle of whisky in front of Alex Ferguson's nose he'd grab it with both hands.

Such a waste of 20m out of your transfer budget!!!

You could have said 32m over 48 months and that would have taken 1.5m out of your budge, and 1.5m per month over 48 months.

Then you'd only have 1.5m gone from your transfer budget and you could have gone and signed many more players, like Neymar and Paulo Henrique.

your obsessed with pushing this aren't you?!! lol

I've done this with teams like Palermo - Espanyol - etc. and never gone bankrupt. Not once.

The game is flawed in Transfers. Do I exploit it or cheat or even "cheat myself"? Of course not. If you dangled a bottle of whisky in front of Alex Ferguson's nose he'd grab it with both hands.

In one sentance you say it is flawed and that it shouldnt happen, and then in the next sentance you say its not exploiting.

Sorry, doesnt work - its one or the other, its either and error and shouldnt be able to happen and thus an exploit, or it isnt.

Not obsessed. I agree that the game shouldn't work this way - it's not right (in reality land)

The game allows you to do this - so it's not cheating. It's just the way the game works (in game land)

Pushing it? No not at all. Just trying to inform the guy that they can get the player without taking too much out of his transfer budget.

I guarantee you if they didn't sign another player then the transfer budget would still be increased the following season.

I went with Palermo in my first season. I spent 120m on players with a 10m budget.

The next season I had a transfer budget of 45.5m

<shrugs>

Its everyone's own choice but it is that, a choice, you don't have to exploit the game this way but you are choosing to do so. Its not so much the system is flawed, teams use payment options alot more than paying full transfer fee's upfront especially now a days, its your choosing to exploit the way the finances work to your advantage. I would say its more a slight flaw in the financial side of things in the game.

Not obsessed. I agree that the game shouldn't work this way - it's not right.

The game allows you to do this.

Pushing it? No not at all. Just trying to inform the guy that they can get the player without taking too much out of his transfer budget.

I guarantee you if they didn't sign another player then the transfer budget would still be increased the following season.

I went with Palermo in my first season. I spent 120m on players with a 10m budget.

<shrugs>

out of interest what did you win in the first season?

<shrugs>

Thats a bug, plain and simple.

I love the way people report bugs that hinder them, but when something so patantly ridiculous happens IN THEIR FAVOUR, they dont jump up and down and make a fuss about it.

It really depends where you are managing.. on the top leagues with the prize and TV money being so massive you never get into trouble by signing players with installments.

On a smaller league with low attendances and no Champions League football it will cripple your finances badly..

Shall I play Pastore or Scholes first season with United?

Scholes can barely complete 90 minutes on FM thanks to his low stamina. Pastore is the obvious choice but I'm not sure how he's fare in a 4-4-2 if you're planning on using that system. He's best as a pure AMC

Scholes can barely complete 90 minutes on FM thanks to his low stamina. Pastore is the obvious choice but I'm not sure how he's fare in a 4-4-2 if you're planning on using that system. He's best as a pure AMC

Ive managed to stuff Pastore into a MC role (attacking settings, advanced playmaker) and hes finally just started to perform.

if i was playing him i would throw him in the middle of a 3 man mid, thats my fav formation now, 4-3-3, with a very attacking midfielder playing inbetween two work horse defensive mids. It works really well with Kroos, he has 14 assists in the first half of the season so far.

I played a 4, 2,3,1 formation with him in the middle of the 3.

Very affective attack.

2 left backs come wing backs that attack

2 center backs with quick pace and good tackling skills etc.

2 defensive midfielders

Left winger - AMC - RW

Striker

Take over Palermo - then bid his price. Then sign him. Then retire Palermo manager.

You should be ashamed.

But you just steal money from the next years transfer budget, and the next year and the next year, so that way you arent actually helping yourself.

having said that pastore was my only player signed over 24 months simply because fabregas was playing like a complete idiot (hes the only player in my first 22 that doesnt average over 7 this season, or last for that matter) and I despirately needed someone to give him a kick in the butt.

Paying the price during 48 months is much better than paying all at once.

I bought Pastore before the fourth season for 7.5 mln just because it was an awesome bargain, I have 4 good AMCs already.

I had to offer an outrageous £40mil for Pastore as manager of Hamilton because I needed to make sure my bid was accepted first. And paying transfer fees over a certain length of time isn't cheating, Real Madrid is still paying United for Ronaldo, they agreed to pay the £80mil over 5 years

Paying the price during 48 months is much better than paying all at once.

Why?

And paying transfer fees over a certain length of time isn't cheating, Real Madrid is still paying United for Ronaldo, they agreed to pay the £80mil over 5 years

No, its not cheating - its expoliting the system which doesnt work well. Buying 1 player over x years is fine - buying an entirely new team over x years and spending 10 times your yearly transfer budget in 1 season is blatantly exploiting the system.

Archived