How old must a player be before being able to play in his nations first team?

Question is the same as the title... I have a 14 year old, who, just for the fun of it, I submitted to his national team of which I am manager. So far all goes well. He joins the squad, but on match-day I can't select him for the team.

Is this correct? The same happens with the Champions League. All games in the English Premier he can play, but Champions League and international games he can't...

Anybody got an answer for me why this is?

TIA!

I don't there is an age limit.

You probably need to be a pro player with a pro contract a club. And the laws of the country you are playing in would determine if you are eligible to sign a pro contract. Some countries could have no limit and some countries may limit it to 17 years of age.

But really it's about being the best player and being picked to play for your country.

I don't there is an age limit.

You probably need to be a pro player with a pro contract a club. And the laws of the country you are playing in would determine if you are eligible to sign a pro contract. Some countries could have no limit and some countries may limit it to 17 years of age.

But really it's about being the best player and being picked to play for your country.

I've let 16 year olds on a youth contract play for Holland. Though I guess they had already signed a pre-contract deal.

Archived