Which is better? Second Division or Non-Competitive?

I just bought a young player with a 4 star potential, I'm the Premier League and UEFA Champ btw, and i just got a loan offer from swansea (Npower Championship), and if the player stays at my club would probably most of the time play as a reserve AND a u-18.. and maybe sometimes get him as a sub in an easy match, I just have a question, Do i keep him or loan him to the second division? and Swansea has a worse training facilities than me, does that affect the potential of my player (in case i loan him out)?

I just bought a young player with a 4 star potential, I'm the Premier League and UEFA Champ btw, and i just got a loan offer from swansea (Npower Championship), and if the player stays at my club would probably most of the time play as a reserve AND a u-18.. and maybe sometimes get him as a sub in an easy match, I just have a question, Do i keep him or loan him to the second division? and Swansea has a worse training facilities than me, does that affect the potential of my player (in case i loan him out)?

First team football is the most important factor for development of young players.

So I just loan him out, even if they have crappy Training facilities?

IMO you should. In one of the blogs it said that in FM11 first team football is the most importnat factor by far for developing young players. I leave them in U-18 until they turn 18 and put them in Reserves then, so if find that they are hot prospects for the future I always loan them.

definitely loan them out ... the Current Ability gain from first team football outweighs the lesser quality of Swansea's staff and facilities. When he gets back you can always assign the youngster to a training programme that wil redistribute the gained stat points as you see fit.

Archived