Manager Profile

Having a few issues with this, hoping someone can explain my questions after the following

Current Team: Burnley

Year: 2017

Club/Player Loyalty: 19

Domestic Bias: 2

Financial Acumen: 19

Transfer Acumen: 9

Youth Policy: 2

League Titles: 5

Cup Titles: 25

Players Bought: 27m

Players Sold: 299m

Manager Rank: 1st

Manager Pts: 6194

1. Youth Policy - How does this work? After 2nd season I pushed my youth policy hard, infact for the past 5 seasons I have never had anyone over the age of 26 in the first team, and have a reserve team full over under 21's on Loan/Training. Frist team consists mostly of under 21's with only 3 players over that age. This has been the case for some time now. So why is my policy still ranked at only 2?

2. Transfer Acumen - Again, looking at what I have spent and sold is impressive, I never buy anyone over the age of 21 for more than 1m, I train, loan, play and sell them off around the age of 23/24 for huge proffit

e.g - 2011/12 - Purchased José Manuel Neeves from Athletico Madrid for 275k - played 3 seasons at 7.71, 7.91, 7.93 sold to Man City in 2015/16 for 22m. Surely that is Transfer Acumen? I could go on with many more similar examples.

3. Domestic Bias - How many domestic first team players does it take to get this up? i currently have 5 England Internationals that are ireplacable & 2 on the bench. Thats 7 England internationals in total (inc u21). On top of that I have 4 U21's loaned out who reside in my reservers. Thats a total of 11 England Internationals (inc U21). Yet my bias is still low...really low.

4. Non related question - Stadium Capacity is currently 31850, I request upgrade at end of every season and start of the new, only managed 2 upgrades in 7 years. For one of the (currently) best teams in the world, 32k capacity is way too low. Any way to fix this?

Cheers

• SI Staff
1. Youth Policy - How does this work? After 2nd season I pushed my youth policy hard, infact for the past 5 seasons I have never had anyone over the age of 26 in the first team, and have a reserve team full over under 21's on Loan/Training. Frist team consists mostly of under 21's with only 3 players over that age. This has been the case for some time now. So why is my policy still ranked at only 2?

Its influenced by players under 23 mainly, there was a bug in the iPhone game where it was displaying the wrong information in this field.

2. Transfer Acumen - Again, looking at what I have spent and sold is impressive, I never buy anyone over the age of 21 for more than 1m, I train, loan, play and sell them off around the age of 23/24 for huge proffit

e.g - 2011/12 - Purchased José Manuel Neeves from Athletico Madrid for 275k - played 3 seasons at 7.71, 7.91, 7.93 sold to Man City in 2015/16 for 22m. Surely that is Transfer Acumen? I could go on with many more similar examples.

I'll look into this.

(I looked at the code a while back and it seemed to make sense, but in light of your feedback I'll take another look)

3. Domestic Bias - How many domestic first team players does it take to get this up? i currently have 5 England Internationals that are ireplacable & 2 on the bench. Thats 7 England internationals in total (inc u21). On top of that I have 4 U21's loaned out who reside in my reservers. Thats a total of 11 England Internationals (inc U21). Yet my bias is still low...really low.

This isn't down to the number of internationals you have in the side - just the number of English players vs non-English players (presuming you're playing in England). To be honest this isn't so much a 'high is good' as an indication of your preference for homegrown or foreign players.

4. Non related question - Stadium Capacity is currently 31850, I request upgrade at end of every season and start of the new, only managed 2 upgrades in 7 years. For one of the (currently) best teams in the world, 32k capacity is way too low. Any way to fix this?

I've tweaked this for the update which should be out in January (iPhone).

• SI Staff
One last question, with regards to updates etc, will the updates effect my current saved game? Or will I need to start fresh for them to take place (Mainly Stadium related)

All the updates are backward compatible - so they should work fine in your current save game*.

(some such as changes in how attendance evolves on promotion etc. will only change when a 'new' promotion (or other situation) occurs however as its not practical to try and run through a game and retroactively change such things)

*The only exception to this as I've mentioned in another thread is that the new additional formations which are added in the update won't be available unless you start a new game (ie. existing games won't have them present).

Archived