Merchandising Sales

How do people work with this in Football Manager 2011 ? I currently have Osaka AC in Japan & Chicago in United States and last season I made a healthy profit of near on 20 million pounds just from Merchandising. Of course being successfull increases the merchandising along also.

i make sure i have one club from each big country it allows, usually one in china, japan and the states, although i see Milan have a Russian club as a financial link but i don't think ive seen the game offer a Russian club before. I also try and sign one big name in summer to increase the sales a bit.

yeah. going to try to get 1 in china also and organise yearly friendlies in those countries to strengthen the merchandising opportunities even more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

If you manage to get any of the nations from the top 10 by population then merchandising sales for your club will perform quite well. China & India are on my hitlist :)

that was one thing i did in FM10 but not really in this one, i would arrange preseason tours of the countries with my feeder clubs, but i was never sure if it really made a difference i just liked the thought of my teams playing glamorous pre-season games :)

Does it increase the revenue of merch sales? If so ill be going back to this!!!

For FM10 some things became generally accepted:

- Preseason friendlies in countries with merchandising feeders did nothing

- Signing players from countries where you had a merchandising feeder did nothing

- Merchandising income was directly related to money spent on transfers

For FM11 people seem to be assuming that friendlies and signing players affects the amount of revenue whereas it didn't in FM10.

It would be nice to get this clarified once and for all. I see no point in expensive tours to China if I am not going to benefit in some way.

Anyone done any research in to this on 11? Or anyone from SI fancy clarifying?

well when you have a feeder side in a country then sign a player in that country, you get a message from your merchandising part of the club saying something in regards to increase shirt sales.

I think if you play your cards right and you are atleast a semi successfull club, you could easily make anywhere between 20-40 million pounds a season. Now I wouldn't say no to that

well when you have a feeder side in a country then sign a player in that country, you get a message from your merchandising part of the club saying something in regards to increase shirt sales.

I think if you play your cards right and you are atleast a semi successfull club, you could easily make anywhere between 20-40 million pounds a season. Now I wouldn't say no to that

You don't need to have a feeder club to receive that message. I bought a Bolton's Korean while at Liverpool and received that sales boost message. I definitely did not have any merchandise related clubs.

You don't need to have a feeder club to receive that message. I bought a Bolton's Korean while at Liverpool and received that sales boost message. I definitely did not have any merchandise related clubs.

correct, however it helps

Arranging friendlies against high reputation teams makes you far more money than a financial feeder club ever will. FACT.

At AC Milan I get 750k+ for every friendly. 10 friendlies = £7.5m. After you deduct the yearly fee the financial sponsorship definitely doesn't make you more money than that.

Arranging friendlies against high reputation teams makes you far more money than a financial feeder club ever will. FACT.

At AC Milan I get 750k+ for every friendly. 10 friendlies = £7.5m. After you deduct the yearly fee the financial sponsorship definitely doesn't make you more money than that.

I have a club from Japan & USA and I got almost 20 million last financial year, certainly alot more than your 7.5 million but each to their own. Anyway, why not do both ?

And how on earth do you get 750k per friendly ? As Liverpool when playing away to Barcelona, I only get offered 200k. Something isn't right there. And yes i've won every trophy I have been entered into (EPL Title x2, FA & League Cups x2 each, Europa League, Champions League etc ...)

Thats cheating though. No club would do that many friendlies cause of moral, fitness, too many games for too few players, etc. etc.. And no fan would keep going because you would have to play a ton of different players. Very few stars. Plus that would only equal ONE feeder. You normally get two anyway

I have a club from Japan & USA and I got almost 20 million last financial year, certainly alot more than your 7.5 million but each to their own. Anyway, why not do both ?
Are you sure that these 20 million are alone down to merch feeders or is it your total merchandise income?

• 1 month later...

Archived