What do SI developers honestly think about FM2011?

Not that I make the game, but....

I'm about 12 seasons in at present.

I've never (even prior to working with them) been a big critic of SI's games - I've always enjoyed them, even CM4 although it had a few problems.

I'm liking this one - i'm enjoying the scouting, the match prep, and the difficulty level seems pretty good - I've struggled at times, notably early in my career, but persevered and have thoroughly enjoyed a dabble in international management now. I reckon I'll get a good 20 seasons done before the final patch then I'll probably do what I normally do and start a game with my beloved Hatters and see how I can do with them - although at present they've been taken to the Championship in my current game which is pleasing to see...:)

• SI Staff

I'm enjoying my game, although not particularly at the moment as I've just been knocked out of the Europa League on away goals at the semi-final stage by Dynamo Kiev after putting out Roma, Leverkusen and Fiorentina. Not happy.

Just about finished my 6th season in charge of Southampton having led them to the Premiership in the first 4 seasons. Finished 6th last season and will finish 6th or 7th this season which isn't too bad. Not looking like being able to challenge the big boys unless I start to break my strict wage structure.

I'm wondering, how can delopers play games? They know everything, the code, core, database tips, tactics, trainings... Developers know how FM really works.

And?

Let's say you designed and coded a FPS, doesn't mean you couldn't play it yourself and enjoy killing all the bad guys.

I know there's a jokey one. If it's April 1st in real life and it gets to your Birthday in the game, then you get a message from the Board about a windfall amount of cash and the chance to "Accept" when you accept a message comes up saying "April fool's Day! Do you really think we'd make it that easy"

I'm wondering, how can delopers play games? They know everything, the code, core, database tips, tactics, trainings... Developers know how FM really works.

That doesn't necessarily mean they know how best to play them (at least, not strategy games, a set into which Football Manager falls). I'm confident, for example, that the people who first codified the current rules of chess would be soundly trounced by Magnus Carlsen.

start a game with my beloved Hatters and see how I can do with them

I hope that's the mighty Luton Town and not the other counterfeit hatters (whoever they are)

I've managed to get us into the Champions League! Only took me 16 seasons as well..... :-s

so much better being us in FM than supporting us in real life at the minute!

they probably wonder how they manage to con so much of the public every year into buying the game in november.

If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute apart from silly jibes at SI then please just don't post in threads.

Stop with the trolling thanks.

Ive thought about the SI/SEGA team playing FM, and i bet they are world beaters i reckon they can make the AI dance to there tune IE make Barcelona play the way they do IRL, put it this way i would not like to play them on a network game

Because they only interact with their area of code and will not know other areas of it very well

So while as a team they know the entire structure, individually, they'll only know small parts

Archived