Manager Appointments Are Broken.

I have been playing a game as Ajax, and have the Brazil, Argentina, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Dutch leagues all loaded, top to bottom as fully playable.

I managed to win the League, Dutch Cup and Champions League in my first season with Ajax, it left the Dutch League moving up to 9th in the League Reps, and my rating was World Class. I decided that a new challenge was needed.

Man City sacked Mancini after they came 15th, I didn't want that job, so waited with interest for who would take over. Harry left Spurs for it, and I decided to apply for that job, also at the same time Valencia became available and I applied for that to. Both jobs I failed on, and both went to National Rep managers!

This had upset Ajax, so I left. In the next 8 months I hoilday'ed putting apply for jobs in the top Division. I got offered nothing.

I reloaded, again Valancia and Spurs went for National Rep managers, and I hanged on for another month even though Ajax thought I should leave. In that period Werder Bremmen, Real Madrid and Inter became available. Wenger went to Inter, Mancini replacing him at Arsenal. Before applying for the Real Madrid job I saved the game, and applied. It went to Getefe manager Michael, who got Getefe relegated and had a National Rep, and my hopes of a job in Germany, went to a National Rep Manager!!

I decided as an experiment to reload that save from when Mourinho was sacked and use FMRTE to make me a very popular person at Madrid and with its chairman, and make Michael disliked. Applied again, and nope I didn't get the job, it went to the manager of Elche, who had a National Rep.

I reloaded my game again, again Valencia and Spurs signed low Rep Managers, I quit Ajax with my World Class Rep and went in to holiday mode for a season and in that time I was offered 2 jobs, yipee!! Or not, as one was Northwich and the other was from Brazil, Flumenese. In that 12 months these were some of the jobs that became available, yet I wasn't good enough for one of them, oh and it can't be down to affording me as Northwich were happy to offer me £525 a week!

Lyon, Le Mans, PSG, Notts Forest, Preston, West Ham, Birmingham, Arsenal, Spurs, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Inter, Atlanta, Bari, Parma, Malaga, Real Madrid, Getefe, Elche, PSV, Dortmund, Hoffenheim, Napoli, Everton, etc, etc.

I wan't considered good enough for one of those jobs, just won the the Champions League and I was a World Class Manager, I was available so no comp was needed either, but most of these jobs went to National Rep Managers.

This has spolit my enjoyment in a big way, and I have my saves nicely looked after incase anyone at SI wishes them uploaded and can see for themselves.

I love the game but this is a big flaw in how I like to play!

I just ran across this problem yesterday or the day before. Someone was kind enough to post the existing thread in the bugs forum on the topic.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245375-Manager-Reputation-World-Class-Rep-and-Cant-get-a-job.

Looks like they've got quite the collection of saves already, adding yours might hopefully speed things up. I as well as many others share your frustration, so hopefully SI will get his sorted in the next patch. Really is a game breaker for a lot of people.

I just ran across this problem yesterday or the day before. Someone was kind enough to post the existing thread in the bugs forum on the topic.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245375-Manager-Reputation-World-Class-Rep-and-Cant-get-a-job.

Looks like they've got quite the collection of saves already, adding yours might hopefully speed things up. I as well as many others share your frustration, so hopefully SI will get his sorted in the next patch. Really is a game breaker for a lot of people.

Cheers bardock, I have added to your link and offered my save. Hope they get this sorted for patch 3! Was really enjoying the game untill this happened.

Hopefully they'll get this sorted sooner rather than later, they shouldn't force us to wait until the next instalment of the game. It would be very unfair, not to mention unethical.

Im a big fan of the game and of SI games, but I must admit some of the bugs this time round have spolit my enjoyment of the game, as for the way I play they have been massive flaws. Oh well think I will play some Lower League and work on some part time training schedules whilst waiting for patch 3 to come out. If they cant fix this for that, then it will be back to FM10 for me untill FM12.

I get exactly the same problem as the OP.

The game won't seem to let you go from one big job to another.

I get loads of offers from big clubs whilst my club is small, but after I make them in to a big club and leave (no compo) every job I apply for goes to a far less suited candidate.

This wasn't a problem much in FM10, as I went from Milan to Madrid to Man Utd etc.

It seems to he fine if you get offered s job while still in a role, but when you leave a role (sacked or resign) then it's almost impossible Roger a new job. I've been offered the Madrid job while at arsenal so moving from big clubs is not hard, so long as you are in a job at the time.

Archived