Player wants to move to bigger club

I am managing Wolfsburg -

Season 1 - Win the league,

Season 2 - Finish 4th, CL make Qtr Finals

Edin Dzeko will not enter contract negations, and we have a=had conversations that he wants to move to a bigger club. I promise that our club standings will increase(which they have), So with less than 12 months on his contract I sell him as per his request and he signs for Fulham?? who are well below me in the club rankings and are not playing in any other competitions?

I have been trying to extend his contract since day one, I am down as his favourite personnel and my club is his favourite club?

Any help?

lol weird one, very weird. Can't really explain it - of course, players wish to move clubs from time to time but to move to Fulham indicates something has gone wrong.

I have had this problem with my Northern Ireland save, ever since the 11.2 patch, and with pretty much all of my players. Whilst you might say Northern Ireland a different situation, my side has been in 2 of the last 3 CL finals (and the past 6 or so QF's), has a club coefficient in the top 10, and dynamic league rep has moved the N.I. Premier Division into the top 20 in Europe... yet players still want to move to lower quality EPL clubs - I have lost at least 3 CL quality players to Blackpool in the last two saeasons!

Seriously I do not understand what is going on here with Edin Dzeko???

After spending 2 seasons trying to offer him a new contract, which he will not enter into negotiations. So with 12 months left I offer him to clubs for $7M plus a 25% sell on fee. Now he saying he dose not want leave the club, but will not sign a new contract?

I am little bit frustrated here?

Seriously I do not understand what is going on here with Edin Dzeko???

After spending 2 seasons trying to offer him a new contract, which he will not enter into negotiations. So with 12 months left I offer him to clubs for $7M plus a 25% sell on fee. Now he saying he dose not want leave the club, but will not sign a new contract?

I am little bit frustrated here?

It's a bug. The transfer market is still bugged. I've seen Wilshere and Ramsey not play for 7 years and still stay at Arsenal and renew their contracts. Gago gets bought for 31m and hasn't played in 3 years by Man United.

This game is massively bugged. I love the new features but the bugs are massively annoying. Players only leave on a free transfer.

Wait, so forgive me as i have hardly slept, but this is the situation;

Dzeko wants to leave Wolsfburg for a bigger club(understandable and obviously something Wolves would have to deal with)

Signs for Fulham

Doesn't sign for Fulham

Won't sign contract?

Maybe in light of no offers being made for him(which with one yr on his contract there would be tons), he has decided to run down his contract? Offer him out to clubs for £15mill and see who comes in for him.

That Edin Dzeko wouldn't enter contract talks with Wolfsburg because he wants to join a bigger club is actually what happened in reality, but he would not have left the club for Fulham. You shouldn't offer him out for his market value but for about 4x the market value. If the player is good enough you sometimes get much higher offers. The unhappy-after-transfer-listed issue is a bug.

The situation is this - I am listed along with Wolfsburg as his favourite club. He is making noises that he wants to move to a bigger club, I have private conversations with him and make assurances that our club standings will be improved as below.

2010/11 - Win the league

2011/12 - Finish Second, Make CL Qtr Finals

2012/13 currently - He still saying he wants to move to a bigger club? So I do the following - Offering him to clubs for value $7M + 30% sell on clause - He then is disappointed that he dosn't want to leave the club. But signs with fulham, whom are below me on the club rankings. To make matter worse he wont enter into contract negations.

So where I am at is, I reloaded my save and will keep him, taking the risk that he will likely leave on a free, unless I can sign him before hand, which I doubt.

Well its disappointing, I usually do the same and he goes quiet for a few weeks. Unfortunately I am in December with his contract about to expire in a month, still no sign of him re-signing, I have just sold him for $10M otherwise he is gone for free.

Hopefully it can be fixed sooner rather than later.

Archived