Most frustrating player

Every defensive midfielder in FM08 (or possibly 07). No chance of average rating of over 7, no matter who it was (and yes, I signed the lot. anyone you can name.).

Or 05 or thereabouts when I used to play 3 CB's for few versions, and whoever was chosen as central one, always had the average at least 0.3 less than others.

Some of you would blame the tactics or even the manager, but I'll blame the players. As an olive branch, I won't name the said DM's or CB's here.

Oh, and quite a few strikers through the years as well. But that's not frustrating really, that just gives you a chance to buy a new striker. Which is the most un-frustrating thing in the game, ever:cool:

Every defensive midfielder in FM08 (or possibly 07). No chance of average rating of over 7, no matter who it was (and yes, I signed the lot. anyone you can name.).

That was a bug with the position ratings rather than the players if I remember correctly.

An Argentina regen, age 21, and he has the attributes to be even a complete forward... 15+ in almost all the highlighted attribute for complete forward... But his match performance is terrible. My defenders are outscoring him. I tried every possible role for him and he can't perform, constantly getting 5.9 and 6 rating in a match I win.. I had to swap him with my DC so that he can score some corner headers to boost his goals, and rating.

Edit: and my DMC and DC perform fine, especially my DMC and he always have more tackles/interception per game than my defenders. Sometimes, my defender even get the MoM award without scoring goal.

Until recently, mine was Khouma Babacar for Liverpool. Sure his stats kept going up and up, and on paper he was a great target man.

Didn't prevent him from being unable to keep possession, pick any sort of pass or score a goal.

Luckily, recently he has remembered how to play, and is finally looking like the player I wanted when I signed him. This after 3 seasons of trying. What can I say - I just put it down to youth.

Ganso, AKA Paulo Henrique.

Don't get me wrong, he does "OK", but I brought him in to my Everton squad to be the creative lynchpin; however, he's constantly picking up small knocks that keep him our for weeks, he miscontrols, smashes passes against the nearest opposition player, runs right next to an opposition player instead of moving into space to receive a ball...

Every time you think "Hey, he's starting to get going!", he'll twist his ankle or something daft and go back to square one. -_-

Felipe Melo. so dirty!! amount of his yellow and red cards was a new record in the clubs history and because of him we lost Champions Cup Final. it was 2-2 in extra time, but because of his foul we got a penalty on 117 minute. That was a straw that broke the camel's back, all players showed PR "angry at Felipe Melo" and I sold him. :)

lukaku, brilliant for 8 games, broke his leg came back could hardly break 4 goals a season for 2 years, signed up a load of talented forwards(rotation/first team quality) thinking i was going to sell lukaku, then he started banging them in, breaking club records and the like, now i have 7 strikers that can fight for first team slots ><

Wayne Rooney. Great attributes, misses all his shots because he hits them too hard and too far away from goal. Although when he's older, his technique improves and he starts scoring again.

I know how you feel mate.

Last 2 seasons he has been so streaky with goal scoring so he ended up spending a lot of time on the bench. Luckily now he has gotten 6 in 5 so hopefully he's turned things around.

The most frustrating player in my experience was diego. When I signed him I was excited thinking he would be like a cheaper kaka........a 6.25 avg rating 30 matches later said other wise and so I sold him off to juve. This was back in 09 I believe.

Robihnio, easily the most frustrating player i have delt with, he can be brilliant one game and then do nothing for the next 4. He is also impossible to get to learn new things, and doesnt take well to being told he was rubbish!!! Luckily Sevilla paid me £15.5m for him, unfortunately for him the deal was sealed 2 weeks after the transfer window closed so he sat in the reserves for half a season :) Replaced him with Dzeko who has scored 54 league goals in under 2 seasons :)

Every other CB I sign. I have no better than a 50% success rate at developing promising centerbacks. They might have the attributes and all of that, but some of them are just shocking, despite my scouts' and coaches' assessments of them. Luckily, they still usually have good potential, and I can sell them on for a decent fee. :)

Simon Vukcevic on FM2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010.

Absolutely brilliant when he is on form but has been unbelievably inconsistant for me in every version of the game. Capable of moments of pure genius and can win us a game with a handful of assists, but then be invisible for the next game, hardly touch the ball, and do absolutely nothing.

Nikola Zigic - the AI can get him to score but I can't. He scored 21 league goals in one season under AI control but he does bugger all for me. All the attributes of a top Target Man but whatever system I try he's useless

CM 09/00: Marco Reich - spent £13m on him (which was a lot of money at the time) for Leeds, was utter gash

CM 03/04: Had a choice of Gabriel Millito or Tomas Ujfalusi, went with Milito as he was younger and cheaper. Sadly it turned out there was a good reason for that a she was bloody awful, along with the rest of my Argie trio of Sebastian Saja and Leo Ponzio. All three were shipped out after an awful season and a half, Milito's replacement Ujfalusi helped me win the CL :)

FM 08: Toss up between Zavon Hines or Kieran Gibbs. Both were signed on frees for league 2 Rochdale, both had excellent stats with pace and ability but were bloody awful. Oliver Bozanic was also signed at a similar time on a free and was supposedly good enough for the championship, but did his cruciates after about 4 matches and never played for me again...

FM 11: So far it's Jermaine Johnson, my one pacey winger. Starts the game with a long term injury, came back, played a couple of reserve games in between buggering off to Jamaica then got another long term injury. Came back from that injury, managed to get him fit after another jolly to Jamaica, lasted 10 minutes of a first team game before getting another long term injury. Have finally got him approaching fitness now (End of Feb) after he again buggered off to Jamaica to play zero minutes in a meaningless friendly meaning he missed the one reserve game that was scheduled, third time lucky perhaps? Will be released in the summer unless he's blindingly good in the remaining 3 months of the season...

Dzeko

Paid £35m for him, and he scored 10 in 37 games, including 2 long goal draughts of 6 and 10 hours, and 8 assists

Compare to Torres in the same season with 48 goals in 35 games, and 13 assists

In 126 games Džeko scored 138 goals for me.

Most frustrating? Bastard Baloteli.

In the first season I re-signed Guiseppe Rossi for Man United he had all the right attributes for an Advanced forward put he just wasn't performing he averaged about 6.6 for the whole season. But in the second season I started playing him as a deep lying forward support and now he is laying on and scoring goals for fun.

I find Dzeko very inconsistent. Luckily, I didn't pay £35m for him, like many others members of this forum I got him on a free transfer, as he was available towards the beginning of the game (2nd season I think). One season he plays great and is my best goalscorer, next season he barely scores 1 goal in 4 matches. Also, he collects way too many yellow cards.

Robihnio, easily the most frustrating player i have delt with, he can be brilliant one game and then do nothing for the next 4. He is also impossible to get to learn new things, and doesnt take well to being told he was rubbish!!! Luckily Sevilla paid me £15.5m for him, unfortunately for him the deal was sealed 2 weeks after the transfer window closed so he sat in the reserves for half a season :) Replaced him with Dzeko who has scored 54 league goals in under 2 seasons :)

I couldn't agree more. He won CL (scored only goal in final vs mighty Barca) for me but I simply hate him. And every time when I decide to sell the bastard he scores and wins 3 point for the team :/

I couldn't agree more. He won CL (scored only goal in final vs mighty Barca) for me but I simply hate him. And every time when I decide to sell the bastard he scores and wins 3 point for the team :/

he can be amazing, untouchable on his day, with the pace and dribbling skills he has, but i found it impossible to keep him going for a full season, tried him as an inside forward on the left most of the time to suit his abilities but gave up after two seasons. Pato plays better there and is far more consistent i have found.

Wayne Rooney. Great attributes, misses all his shots because he hits them too hard and too far away from goal. Although when he's older, his technique improves and he starts scoring again.

being a manchester utd fan i started as utd just like in every fm. i signed hulk to partner rooney but rooney failed to mpress. which is completely contradicts the luck my brother had. for him rooney was a beast scoring loads and contstantly setting up rooney and hernandez. it got soo bad for me that he was contantly dropped to the bench and i even considered seling him.

veloso and ganso have been mentioned as major flops. the problem is you exspect them to come in an dominate the midfield but you need to remember these players come from rubbish leagues so they need to adapt to the premier league. in previous seasons it has taken veloso til the 3rd season to play as i exspected so just be patient.

i have never had trouble with dzeko, he is one of my fave current players, just a pity that he is going to join man city irl

Mario Balotelli for Spurs

When I had him in my spurs save, he was awesome but kept disrupting the other players by wanting moves away and not liking team talks etc so I sold him to Liverpool for £7.5m in the end (bargain I know) but I still made money on the deal from what I paid City for him lol.

The one player that stands out who always has good stats but whenever I manage him he's never as good as he should be is Joe Cole, and on my current save with Colchester as has been mentioned above also, Charlie Austin cannot buy a goal for me despite scoring loads for his past clubs.

Archived