Suggestion: Receive at least one job offer per season

I would love an option in the "Game Start" set up that said "Receive at least one job offer per season" Yes/No.

Let´s face it, the game is for the player´s enjoyment first & foremost & I, for one, would love to be guaranteed to receive at least one job offer once per season.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

No, not at the moment. A number of people have brought up that on 'journeyman' careers they are struggling to find jobs at better clubs etc. so that's why this is being suggested I think.

i think he was being sarcastic...

the thing with alot of journeyman saves, not all but alot, is that people are managing small teams in small leagues and then winning promotion and wanting a huge job. There was someone recently who won promotion to the brazillian top division and wanted a man u move etc. While the job offeres seem a bit low i dont think they are a problem.

The people who are dominating the Scottish league and getting laughed at by League 1 clubs indicate there is at least a bit of a problem. I'm being reasonably successful in my career at the moment and would expect at least one or two of the League 2 clubs who have sacked their manager this year to have me in mind instead of someone who has just been sacked from a team one place below them.

I didnt have any problem getting a job, that took only a couple of weeks, in the worst league loaded. But what ís hard is getting a job outside that worst league, when you're ready for another job, seemingly no matter how well you did..

I would love an option in the "Game Start" set up that said "Receive at least one job offer per season" Yes/No.

Let´s face it, the game is for the player´s enjoyment first & foremost & I, for one, would love to be guaranteed to receive at least one job offer once per season.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Terrible idea. Only one step away from the "Win" button IMO.

However, your joke (I'm assuming it was a joke for your sake) idea does highlight (again!) the issue that some are having with not being offered jobs they'd realistically be offered despite being successful at their current club.

It's not a bad idea.

Reason being, as the stand out #1 manager in the world, I have been on holidaying applying for jobs for 2.5 seasons now.

I paid for the game, I want to play it. I don't want to lose years of game time whilst my reputation goes down and someone takes a punt on me.

I get offered nothing, when I apply I get no offers. All my stats/attributes are high, and there is no compo.

I have to agree with Pompey1978.

By all means fix the problem where people aren't being offered jobs they would realistically be offered, (and this does seem to be the problem you have bigdanio), but adding an option to guarantee a job offer no matter what, is going in the wrong direction for me.

I have to agree with Pompey1978.

By all means fix the problem where people aren't being offered jobs they would realistically be offered, (and this does seem to be the problem you have bigdanio), but adding an option to guarantee a job offer no matter what, is going in the wrong direction for me.

^ Pretty much my take on this.

What SI need to do more than anything is to realistically fix how your rep is displayed so people stop complaining about how hard it is to get jobs....not saying the current system is fine (it's more deceiving than anything) but I think this suggestion goes away from realism.

In FM08, when the board confidence feature (which was new then) created a system where you were sacked way too harshly, some people would say the unsackable option would be reasonable to fix this but that goes away from the realism so they didn't do that. If you really want FM to be realistic, then this suggestion should not be in the game, since I can guarantee you that not 100% of the managers on earth have at least one job offer a season.

Archived