New Sponsorship deal?

Just got Gateshead into League 1 after back to back promotions from the Blue Square Bet Prem. My board have just announced a 7 year sponsorship deal at £500 a year! Isn't this a tad low?

I'll no doubt end up playing in the Premier League getting £500 a year sponsorship!!

you sponsor will have doubts, also you may not have a high enough rep to bring in some, £500 is very low

i had £5000 for a BPN team, which have gone up to £65k, it runs out end of this season and been in the championship for 4 seasons

im pretty sure that this sponsorship deal falls under "general sponsorship deal" and not a main kit or even additional kit sponsorship.... in my recent gateshead save i had a similar sponsorship but my kit sponsorship deals were always 1 year deals that got bigger and better as i went up the leagues.

Yeah, the sponsor system is completely broken.

On my game, Juventus get the most with £23m still despite being awful for 5 years. I used to get £20m. Then one of them ran out and wasn't renewed for some reason so I get about £10m despite being World Club Championship holders, Serie A has even moved up to 2nd best league.

I have no idea why one of my things wasntg renewd and now it is costing me £10m a year. And the other ones increase very very marginally, despite the fact that IRL I'd easily be earning more than everyone bar Barca, Real and Man U. And Id be running them close.

I dont know why they waste time with rubbish addditions like Agents yet core things like this are broken.

Sheva how are agents a rubbish addition, they are an integral part of football transfers, its a big step up for the transfer system, why do u always moan you idiot?

no need for the insults, if you don't agree with his points then fair enough but don't resort to name calling.

I think the sponsorship thing has been an issue for the last couple of games, but i guess it must be hard to code it into the game to increase the amount of different sponsors with success.

There's many reasons why the agents on this game are rubbish...

Firstly, managers would very very rarely, if ever negotiate directly with a players agent themselves. The agents also usually earn nowhere near what the game says in fees from contracts. They get paid by the player a % of their wage. The way they have arbitrary stats like Fees and Paitience is also silly. An agent is not going to just refuse to talk to you because you haven't done a deal in 2 rounds of negotiation. Also, they dont decide their fee based on some arbitrary number that they have.

Its poorly implemented and pointless.

all these little bugs are really starting to..... bug me.

In FM10 when I made my team the best team I got the most sponsorship. Now, despite winning the league 5 years running, I am still well below the highest sponsorship earners in the league.

Firstly, managers would very very rarely, if ever negotiate directly with a players agent themselves. .

Managers also don;t negotiate players' contracts at all, or transfer fees. Managers don't go to board members and ask them to build them a stadium. many things we, as managers, do in the game would actually be the responsibilities of a chief exec or sporting director or general manager in the real world. However, the game gives us control over it to make things a little more interesting

Archived