Is the New Patch worth holding on for ??????????

Hi Guys

I just got back from a 4month det in the falklands and as such only just got the game as a late xmas pressie. Thing is,, I normally get the game every year when it first comes out and usually always start my first save with my own team Rangers.

This is the latest I have ever got the game and Know there will be a patch released soon after the Transfer window shuts When I go my own team it is usually the longest of all my saves, so I;m wondering if i should hold back until after the next patch and go someone else

Its not that the players at there new clubs would bother me that much anyway as i doubt rangers will be spending (if anything losing) on players in January The real reason Im asking is cos there is normally been so many bugs that the game isnt always up to proper speed until after the jan patch.

How buggy is this years game if at all ,,,and has there been any patch updates aready??

Cheers

From reading the forums it becomes clear that this years game is one of the buggiest games ever. Already 2-3 patches have been released!!!! Although im playing a save with Celtic and enjoying it tremendously as I have not encountered many problems on the 11.2 update.

I have been very negative in my other posts, but in an attempt to be honest and rational, save yourself the misery and hold out for the patch. This game is the buggiest i have ever played, on initial release it was not even playable. The 3D/match engine is terrible. Save yourself the pain the rest of us have had to endure and wait for the patch. I just hope it comes soon enough to save the remains of the games fans and players as this years game has driven many away. SI really ****ed up with this years game

Game is playable and enjoyable. Few minor issues, I've played some 7 seasons total and it has been fine. No point waiting for a patch. The only gamebreaking bug is not being able to get jobs as a journeyman manager.

From reading the forums it becomes clear that this years game is one of the buggiest games ever. Already 2-3 patches have been released!!!! Although im playing a save with Celtic and enjoying it tremendously as I have not encountered many problems on the 11.2 update.

In terms of numbers, it surely isn't one of the buggiest.

Hi Guys

I just got back from a 4month det in the falklands and as such only just got the game as a late xmas pressie. Thing is,, I normally get the game every year when it first comes out and usually always start my first save with my own team Rangers.

This is the latest I have ever got the game and Know there will be a patch released soon after the Transfer window shuts When I go my own team it is usually the longest of all my saves, so I;m wondering if i should hold back until after the next patch and go someone else

Its not that the players at there new clubs would bother me that much anyway as i doubt rangers will be spending (if anything losing) on players in January The real reason Im asking is cos there is normally been so many bugs that the game isnt always up to proper speed until after the jan patch.

How buggy is this years game if at all ,,,and has there been any patch updates aready??

Cheers

make up your own mind, play the game and find out about if on your own, dont base your opinions on a few posts from the forums.

That's one hell of a self-contradiction there mate. And the bit in bold doesn't prove anything, as there are always two patches by now.

The game isno more buggy than any other fm St this point. New patch will solve most of the niggles and is always save game compatble. I'd way play a few hours, if any of the bugs REALLY annoy you then put it back in the box and wait, but I'll be shocked if they do.

If you're planning at staying at the same club forever, then I would say it's fine to play now with version 11.2.

If you want to move to a bigger club/journeyman in the future, then I would wait as there is a bug with getting job/manager reputation.

If you're planning at staying at the same club forever, then I would say it's fine to play now with version 11.2.

If you want to move to a bigger club/journeyman in the future, then I would wait as there is a bug with getting job/manager reputation.

In the bugs forum SI have said that you won't have to start a new save for the reputation to be sorted as it's save game compatible. I would say just play it people over exaggerate the bugs and go on about the game being unplayable which it isn't based on the fact that thousands of people are enjoying playing the game.

Its not one of the buggiest at all

Fella - Download the latest patch (11.2.1) and then start the game. When 11.3 comes out you can still apply it mid game. Better to play and enjoy than buy it and not use it

There are a gazillion minor bugs (like you always get the same ref in lower leagues, the game can't add properly in some media items, such as thinking you get 5 points for a win etc.), but they're unlikely to stop your enjoyment of the game.

I'm sure some people are having game stopping bugs, like not being able to advance, or crashes on certain screens, but I've not experienced any crashes myself yet.

I agree with the above, why don't you just start a game, and if you're really annoyed by a bug or suffer from one of the more obscure big bugs, wait for the patch. Best thing is to use the rolling autosave and make a backup of your save games every now and then just in case something horrible does go wrong.

Don't forget that EVERY FM is always the "buggiest ever" if you listen to the more vocal minority.

The only noticeable problem I am currently finding with the game is failure to sell players for realistic prices especially when teams approach me for my important players I set a fair amount(even generous amount compared to tranfers between CPU teams) yet they never acept or even negotiate etc..

The agent style has a nice enough way, atleast improved way of negotiating yet the transfer system seems as bugged and unreliable as it has always been...

lol at the fanboys. Some of us don't play this game just for a 3 year stint with Man Utd and Barca, we want to simulate a coaching career and right now that's simply impossible. And if that wasn't enough you can't even fiddle around with tactics any more without ending up with a list of current files you have to delete and sort out again.

A hotfix was needed and SI failed to deliver. It's really a joke that you have to use workarounds for a game that's already had 4 patches (.1, 1.1, .2 and 2.1)!

I'm as big of a fan as the next guy, it's my favourite game and has been since the 90's, but this is a joke. I suggest to the OP that he waits for the third patch. Don't settle for a product that's working for only 80%. Why should you really?

lol at the fanboys. Some of us don't play this game just for a 3 year stint with Man Utd and Barca, we want to simulate a coaching career and right now that's simply impossible. And if that wasn't enough you can't even fiddle around with tactics any more without ending up with a list of current files you have to delete and sort out again.

A hotfix was needed and SI failed to deliver. It's really a joke that you have to use workarounds for a game that's already had 4 patches (.1, 1.1, .2 and 2.1)!

I'm as big of a fan as the next guy, it's my favourite game and has been since the 90's, but this is a joke. I suggest to the OP that he waits for the third patch. Don't settle for a product that's working for only 80%. Why should you really?

LOL? Grown up. And fan boys? Original. I have a long term game on the go and am loving it, into my 12th season and have no problems.

actually there have been two patches and two hotfixes, two different things.

How do you work out the game only working at around 80%?

Not everyone has the tactics problem and there are work arounds if you read the forums, its not as game breaking as people are saying.

How can people say "buy the game and make up your own mind". The whole point of posting in this forum is to get opinions from a lot of people and judge if it is worth buying. Why would he want to shell out for a game (my opinion follows) that is probably below average. At first it was near unplayable. 2 patches later it has improved a lot but there are still silly bugs and annoyances that make it so frustrating for me that I cant play it until the final patch is released (I just hope that it solves the issues once and for all). My advice would be to wait until the final patch is released and see what the general mood is like then. And for the person who said for every "whinger" there are hundreds of people enjoying it, I would say, for every fanboy who praise this trash game there is a FM faithful who just states the truth and calls it what it is, a game that is seriously flawed. I will NEVER buy the game on release anymore. I will wait until March until the final patch is released and save myself getting robbed of 30 bucks for a game that I cant enjoy fully for 3-4 months.

actually there have been two patches and two hotfixes, two different things.

How do you work out the game only working at around 80%?

Not everyone has the tactics problem and there are work arounds if you read the forums, its not as game breaking as people are saying.

Some of the leagues are in rough shape still.

The game is tonnes of fun and addictive. However there are a quite a few bugs still.

Archived