Immediate Relegation?

In my third season as Albion Rovers boss. In my first season we lost the division 3 playoff final on away goals, the second season we won the third division, a bit luckily, but with arguably the best team on paper.

This season, approaching the half way point, we are 8th (10 teams in division two) and our recent form is abysmal, can't score, tackle or pass for toffee. I am beginning to fear immediate relegation back to the third tier, even though, on paper we have a team that should be able to compete well in the second division. Just can't get the best out of the players...any advice?

Well, we seem to spend most of our time defending because they just boot the ball upfield - the opposition collects it easily and comes down and attacks again.

I ask them to pass the ball short and maybe work the ball upfield - playing direct / long ball obviously doesn't work, but they seem to ignore this tactic and continue to play the long ball out of defense.

playing in the irish league i changed my usual tactics to a counter attacking direct ridgid form of football with a lack of much creativity cept for one or two players, it seemed to work really well my team went to playing some outstanding football, tearing defences apart.

Ive adopted this style of play in most of my other games now too

Archived