Is the game stil ENJOYABLE without patches?

I only ask as i am getting the game tomorrow and im looking forward to it but have seen a few things said about the unpatched game, the reason i ask and dont just download the patch is because i am on a dongle and downloading the patch will take a chunk of my much needed allowance for CoD :D

Already im getting that new fm edition feeling like thinking of who to start with, who to buy, what tactis to use and so on, looking forward to finding some young gems too... i can almost smell the good times, oh yeahhhh :D

bit late now lol but i wont let it stop me trying lol and do you play with patches?

lol I have it through steam so the patches automatically update, but I played a good couple of seasons before the first patch which I enjoyed and didnt notice any problems

I enjoy getting massacred online playing CoD and I empaphise with ya on bandwith limits, but I'd say that each version of FM improves with patches.

If you really wanted some CoD and don't mind waiting a bit though, the final FM11 patch is released around March-ish which will contain all the previous patch fixes, so you can get 'em all in one go instead of downloading 2 patches between now and then.

Given the choice, I'd always patch the game, but the original boxed version is perfectly playable in the meantime.

Being completely honest with you, no. There's simply too many problems with the retail copy to endorse it as enjoyable.

Patched the game is currently about 8/10, unpatched you drop it to about 5/10 - it really is that much of a difference.

If you play the game casually and play as Barcelona or something, maybe you can get away with it, I dunno ^^

Archived